Back-up QB race

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Superstarov, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

From the Detroit Freepress:

BACKUP BATTLE: Marinelli entered training camp saying Josh McCown was his No. 2 quarterback and Dan Orlovsky No. 3. But Orlovsky has received some snaps with the second team.
    "He's a big, young, strong-armed man," Marinelli said. "He's a gym rat. He's here all the time, man. He's working, and he's earning some reps. ... Both of those guys are working with both groups."
    Does Orlovsky have a shot at the backup job?
    "He's got a chance," Marinelli said. "He's doing a good job of competing -- a very good job."
    So it's not settled then?
    "No," Marinelli said. "They're in there banging -- banging pretty good."

Interesting. I never looked it up I guess, to realize that Orlovsky is 6'5". That's pretty good for a QB.

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, everything I've heard of Orlovsky since he's been drafted has been positive. From both players and coaches. I don't include the fans in there because we always love the backup QB until he becomes the starter.

Mike Martz is the perfect coach to develop Dan. If he's capable of being a starter in this league, Martz will get it out of him.

3. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

This year isn't anything to think of, but next with Kitna as the backup, it will be a fierce contest between McCown and DanO for #1.