Bad Boys vs. Current Pistons Team

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lazyberbs, Dec 17, 2005.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Beer was excellant at taking the ball off the rim. But he shot the Tre at what, 25%?
    BBens O has gotten worse from last year. Or stale, whatever you want to call it.

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Re: Bad Boys vs. Current Pistons Team/ BBz still winning

Starting from when the 2 teams enterred the ECF, till the run was over, [they didn't make the ECFs]. The BBz had better sustain. BBz needed 3 trys at the ECF before advancing. GTW only 2.
    Going to Work climbed faster but fell faster too. But it aint over until GTW doesn't make the ECFs. GTW got the 'ship first try, BBz needed 2 tries. BBz got 2 'ships. GTW only one so far. :)
    And the BBz would never play a finals game as timidly as GTW just did.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What are you talking about?

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yesterday I was thinking that if they traded any one of the current Pistons for a better player I wouldn't care in the least. Oh, I might miss Sheed's antics a bit, but it would be worth it. I just don't care that much about these individual players. I'm not sure why. The team trumps them.

On the other hand, I thought how I felt about the bad boys. Man, if we had traded Isiah or Lambs before everything went South it would have depressed me. The same with Dumars, Vinnie, Mahorn (it sucked losing him in the expansion draft), Buddha, Rodman, and Salley.

The only explanation I can come up with is that the Bad Boys were mostly home grown. In essence, we drafted most of them. Why that should matter to me, I don't know. But it does somehow. Maybe thats why I was really rooting for Delfino and Darko. I'm still hoping J-max, Acker, and Johnson get a shot.

5. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

I feel the same way. Home grown talent taking it to the next step makes me feel good about the team. I too would like to see Delf, JMax and Johnson develop before our eyes. I am thrilled that the Tigers are actually growing their own pitchers through the draft. Somethings pecial in that process.

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The Bad Boy v GTW battle aint over.

7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I have Mahorns book and he likes to say that the BBoys would have beat up on the current team. Looking at this season. No contest.

But I too am rooting for some home drafted talent. Delfino!!! I want to see amir too.