Barkley is stupid!! So says LeBron

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Winless Wonders, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Barkley has every right to ask the tough questions and make the hardball comments. That's his job. He's doing just that. LeBron's job is to play for the team that employes him. He's doing just that. I just wouldn't want to be his TEAMMATE right now, cause it sounds like he's leaving. This affects the guys in his lockerroom the most. Hopefully, he becomes less obvious.

2. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Usually I would agree, Barkley says some stupid things, but for LeBron to respond like that, calling Barkley Stupid, makes me want to put him in the Michael Phelps category, all world talent, all middle school maturity.

What makes the situation so funny, is that the Knicks can't even lose right. They're supposed to be a lottery team this year so they can get cheap talent (aka #1,2, or 3 draft picks) so the team isn't so bad when LeBron arrives. At this rate, they might mess up and make the playoffs.

BTW, Detroit needs to get David Lee. No way NY is re-signing him (have to save cash for LeBron). I wish Joe would have pulled his offer to JMax, and saved the cash for Lee.

3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Let me say again, I am not defending James. I believe it is extremely naive for him to be entertaining the fact that he is considering going to NY in some 2 years, however, Barkley is as big an idiot as James is.

We are talking about someone who spit on a fan. When he was much older than James by the way. Perhaps James should have responded, "why don`t you go spit on someone" or "why don`t you remember to pay off your gambling debts".

Yes, Barkley is paid to comment and give his opinions on certain issues involving whatever he feels like talking about it seems. If his employer (TNT) allows it, then so be it. It`s the way Barkley commented that may have caused the imature response from James.

If I recall he said," James just ought to shut the hell up" That`s really classy there Sir Fat A**.

Anyway, I believe they both are wrong, for different reasons.

4. Nemo

I was disgusted with Barkley when he spit on a fan.:yukpuke::sweeping:
    His statement does not insult James,
    It's just Barkley's way of communicating.
    Saying "shut the hell up" means "please close your mouth now" to me and you.
    However, TNT does pay Barkley a lot to use his vernacular.
    They prefer it to what I or you would say.:victory: (I'm guessing)

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I agree, that is his way of communicating but that doesn`t mean everyone is to accept it. I believe he could have articulated his comments much better than he did, well maybe not.

6. Nemo

I like Barkley just the way he is. Articulating is not his thing. Many don't accept his style. I just wish he had never spit into the crowd.:gaah:

7. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

The worst part was that he missed his target and spat on a little 8 yr old girl.
    Charles Barkley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

After thinking this over, I blame Bill Walton.

Back in the olden days, when people didn't know that Marv Albert used an unwilling buttock as a chew toy or that the cleaning lady would dress up like Elektra and beat him with a feather duster, announcers were just announcers, not personalities as big as the game.

9. Nemo

Back in the old Days...Detroit had Bill Bonds.

10. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I thought Marv was the one that dressed up like Electra

11. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Barkley does not pull any punches in his commentary, regardless of whom he is talking about. That's a big, big part of his appeal on the TNT studio show, and is what I like about him. NBA players (including Lebron) must know that about him too. Saying that Lebron should "shut the hell up" is just an ordinary way for Charles to make a point, and I am sure he has used stronger expressions than that on other occasions during his television commentary.

12. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Looks like Lebron was right.

13. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

:pound: :flypig: LOL!

:beer:<- Barkley