Bass or McDyess

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

I'm a 76ers fan so i know what I'm going to say.Delembert is %%%% and he doesn't deserve money he's getting.He's worth like 5-7mln.Yes he plays D and 76ers looked better on D when he was,but on offense he's another Big Ben.He doesn't have any offensive weapon or post moves to make any real damage.About his character there is no good words.Evan Canada kicked him from national team and that tells a lot of.
  2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Canada has a national team? I thought Steve Nash was the only Canadian that played basketball.
    :sssh:
  3. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dalembert and Chandlers contracts are pretty much a wash, with both coming off the books in 2 seasons time. If we were to go down this road and pick up a defensive Centre, then Philly may be the most likely suitor.

NO will probably only want expirings for Chandler, whereas Philly would happily take Rip I think if they want to get rid of Sammy D.

If they are desperate we could potentially unload one of our not-so-good contracts (Max) onto them as well.

Dalembert
    Willie Green

for

Hamilton
    Maxiell

RealGM: Trade Checker

Willie Green is a serviceable backup to Gordon and his contract will expire at the same time as Dalembert's (and Tay's).

We then sign Bass or McDyess to fill out the front court. Our team will then be left with a lot of flexibility. Maybe not for next years 'cream FA crop', but in 2 seasons time (2010-11) the only players on our books will be Gordon, CV (and possibly Bass).

Lineup

PG - Stuckey, Bynum
    SG - Gordon, Green, Afflalo
    SF - Prince, Daye, Summers, Sharpe, Jerebko, Washington
    PF - Villanueva, Bass/McDyess, Daye
    C - Dalembert, Brown
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well since Dyess is now gone to the Spurs, Joe has to make a move soon fill that spot with Bass or whomever or make that vaunted trade. A front line of Max, Kwame, Charlie V and thin Tays and Dayes looks defenseless...
  5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Webz,
    This sounds doable. However, Dyess already signed with Spurs. But that doesn't change things.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Port really wants Brandon Bass and New Orleans really wants Brandon Bass, I DO NOT WANT BRANDON BASS. But we SHOULD sign and trade him.

Sign Bass and then Send Him and Tay to Port for Travis Outlaw and Pryzbilla, that will get us a good SF & a C, we'd still have around $4-$5M in cap space (let's say $4.5M).

Now I like Kwame but having him and Pryz on the same team would drive me crazy....BYE Pryz, we could then send Pryz and AA (let's face it, if we keep Rip, he's NEVER going to play) to New Orl's for Tyson Chandler.

Upfront we'd have Chandler / Kwame / Charlie V / Max. Now, the bad thing is, I doubt Port gives up Pryz because Oden is an injury waiting to happen and Pryz is coming off of a really good season.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I really like Zasa, but he is like 38 years old. Excellent flopper though. Only guy I know who can get double digit free throw attempts off single digit field goal attempts.
  8. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

With regards to Bass, it is only Orlando and Detroit. Portland is supposedly getting ready to make an offer to Milsap therefore their money will be tied up for at least 7 days.

According to the Boston GLobe, we are making a run at Big Baby and Bass. Very interesting stuff.
  9. raxrets

raxrets Starter

Unless there is some capp spayce creating trade involved, it is either Bass or Big Baby. Both are fine choices.