BBen vs Flip...Disrespect or Bad Coaching

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheeTFD, Apr 10, 2006.

?

BBen or Flip pick a side...

1. As a team leader BBen has to vocal up.

27.0%
  2. Flip is coach and can do what he wants with the Rots.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BBen can't lose it in public

29.7%
  4. Flip didn't play to win...GAME INTEGRITY !

5.4%
  5. BBen deserves a fine

35.1%
  6. Did Flip not comm. like a professional

5.4%
  7. Is Bup-Bup-Bup the best PG in the NBA?

5.4%
  8. all of the above...no win situation

13.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Lets not forget that Big Ben will be a free agent at the end of the year. I am sure that had something to do with how Flipper and Joe D. handled this situation. Unfortunately if Big Ben takes a hike neither Cato or Davis are very desirable options and while Dyess can play some center that basically wipes out your bench.

It is not an easy problem to solve for Joe D. Big Ben is starting to push the age curve but I am sure he will want a long term contract. DMC was never a fit with the Piston core players. So Joe D. has to find a way to resign Big Ben to a not too long a contract so that the contract doesn't mess up the salary cap after 2 or 3 years when Big Ben's skills will start to deteriorate and Joe D would prefer to have someone else starting in Big Ben's place or maybe Joe D. can trade Big Ben and AJ to the Lakers for Kwami Brown and Luke Walton and a future pick if the contract numbers work

2. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

he was still getting the job done against shaq.

ben gets fouled on purpose if he has a layup. i don't recall him drawing many doubles i do recall him making a good move then dribbling off his foot quite often.

what happens when the basketball gods shine on you and you throw it away?? we were in a better position than the spurs when we got dmc. he could have extended our dynasty just like timmy extended san antonio's semi dynasty.
    i disagree i think joe will keep players too long. i think he has a sentimental connection with some players on the pistons and they will stay well past thier prime.

i love the pistons. i just truly worry that the love affair with aging players will come back to bite us in the butts. ben is the one player that i truly don't see being able to play at a high level with age that's why i target him. signing ben long term and high amount just doesn't make sense to me. but i guess he will be a good expensive expiring contract to deal at the end of his career.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

See I prefer to remember the Ben who did a standing dunk over Stephen Hunter. The Ben who got the Pistons going against the Suns with agressive play to the hoop. We're both subjective.

Ok, I want to make this very, very clear. San Antonio was a perennial playoff team before Robinson got injured, they tanked an entire year and lucked out with drafting one of the best PFs in NBA history. Not an 18 year old kid who played less than 40 games as a pro in Europe.

Duncan was an absolute monster, a game ready 20+10 stud from the NCAA paired with one of the best Centers of all time.

They are not a dynasty. They had won squat before they got Duncan.

I doubt it, but he has run his regime based on loyalty. Every strength can become a flaw. That's how it works. Good + bad. Up + down. Bringing balance to the Force.

I know you do. It's why I like you.

I seriously gotta go BBJ. I rented War of the Worlds and it's due back tomorrow.

4. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Bball, do you believe in being in the right place at the right time. If either time or place is out of kilter the best outcome just dosen't happen. No matter how strongly you desire for things to work out they simply can't.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

TheeTFD,

Man, you need to go to a 2-day workshop or seminar on how to create polls. Your polls are just too crazy.:laugh: :crazy: :)

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i can't honestly believe that bball jay is being serious anymore. i think he's just keeping up the darko joke and laughing that we think he's in love with him. i mean no sane person would compare darko and tim duncan and say that darko = dynasty when he hasn't shown anything.

7. bball jay

darko showed something last night against the spurs. he showed he can defend duncan pretty well and he showed he can score when given the entry pass. he's shown a lot down in orlando and they love him down there. i guess he looks better in 20 minutes than he did in 2 here.

i am serious and orlando is now serious because of key trades. darko could have been a very important key to extending our dynasty. i think he would have stepped in very well for sheed or ben or dice whoever retired or got traded first. at what point will you stop thinking darko is a joke??

8. bball jay

i'll agree we are both subjective. i remember darko for the "free throw dunk" and the 1 handed touch pass on the break. ben does have game just not an offensive one depending on how you choose to look at it.

i did say semi dynasty. i say that because they are always in the title hunt and either losing in the finals or wcf to the eventual champion. we didn't win until we got darko either. although he as a non factor he didn't have to be. he could have been key to the championship last year but wasn't given the chance. he did play well against san antonio last night.

duncan was a different case because he made an immediate impact. he was also given the chance to do so. we had the extra luxury of not needing darko to make an immediate impact. for 3 years we could have been grooming him to take over. we lucked out and drafted one of the best defensive minded euro big men.

yup. i believe we were in the right place at the right time when we drafted darko. i think lb was the wrong time for darko. which we corrected with flip except he fell into the same trap of starter love that lb did. it didn't work out whatever the reason but that doesn't mean i have to be happy about it. i will always think the org messed this one up.i don't think the org had a strong desire to make things work. joe might have but the coaching staff didn't.

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Beer, you make a poll. You'll see you have multi options. Yes, If I'm not thinking clearly I will leave something out. With this poll I should have added "where the players and coaches slacking in the D dept?" [a piston no-no] Beer you couldn't find one option you liked in the poll? What a fairy. Take a stand.
    BBJ is a tenacious, stand in the middle of the ring arguer. I'm more of a hit and run kinda guy.

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Your poll cracked me up. The poll question was: "BBen or Flip pick a side... ".

One of the answers was: "Is Bup-Bup-Bup the best PG in NBA?"

That's the one I voted for.

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

This may have been my best poll ever. 32 people voted. Usually only 25 vote. The topic is critical.
    I wanted an even num. of questions... either, or... but didn't have that so I put in the CB option...You would agree, 99.9% of us would vote yes. [except BBj, who would find something critical of CB so he could box some more]
    Sure, I have to call you a fairy before you vote. Shouldn't have to be like that.

12. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I agree. Ben should have been fined. There was no need to swear at his coach and refuse to go back in the game which we ended up losing. If you have a complaint go to your coaches office after practice.

If Ben is so worried about getting the ball on the offensive end perhaps he needs to learn how to make his free thows. He has gotten worse every year and can't hit one to save his life when the game on the line.

13. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I personally really don't care for Ben's attitude. The last couple of years he really has shown his true colors and I don't think the gentle giant label fits him at all. I hope Joe does not break the bank resigning Ben.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

WW, minor disagreement. Sheed doesn't want to defend centers. He likes to defend PFs. Even if he is a better size match up than BBen.
    The reason the Pistons are at the top is because of the chemistry. JD likes that first and foremost. We don't want to lose that chemistry. Which means BBen must be kept happy. I expect him to perform at a 'ship level for 3-5 years more.
    I say he keeps his body right until it breaks down. But your eyes can fail slowly at a young age. Is he still trying to jam the ball up under the rim?
    That's embarrassing! Maybe he needs glasses.