Bears @ Lions the rematch

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Oct 29, 2005.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Glad to read it

Hopefully, Mooch reads O'Hara's column. Glad to see the media lowering the boom on this wimp offense.
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

yep. The Lions need new blood. New ownership, new management, new coach..to put the life back into this franchise. I think our players are alot better than what we are seeing. We need a high profile coach here BADLY!
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Seriously, I don't think it would be a knee-jerk reaction for Ford to fire them all today. This is pitiful stuff. Laughable, if you aren't a Lions fan.
    I can't ever remember feeling quite this way about them even during the 2-14 years.

Of course, he will do nothing but sit there and watch his bank account grow. He'll fire Mooch after the season so he can sucker the fans into buying season tickets next year. After that 5 year extension to Millen, he will keep him. He is loyal to his G.M.s...remember Russ Thomas?

I don't see this changing for several years...if ever. Ford is a horrible owner. I really need to start rooting for Seattle or Denver like the other people around me. I hate Denver from the Elway years...I like Seattle though. It's tough to just switch allegiences though...ya know? :frusty::violin:
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Tater, I'm in this for the long haul, man.

The Lions are like that smelly drunk uncle that noone wants to sit next to..but you love em' all the same. Football just ain't football without my Lions. Hey, the Bucs used to feel the same way about their franchise..but change eventually happened. There is still hope. Just not this year. :)
  5. Darth Tater

Really, I think the chances of a turnaround are minimal with Ford at the helm. The talent is ok. It's the owner. He will keep hiring lousy G.M.s who will keep hiring lousy coaches who will keep the mediocre players ineffective.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

lions management

Everyone at the top has to go, but unfortunately Mr. Ford is not going to sell the team. But he needs to buy out Millen's contract and fire all the coaches who have ruined Joey H and will probably do the same with KJ and the Williams boys. Rogers is another story along with that pathetic offensive line. The offensive calls are to conservative as the coaches have no imagination.

This was then perfect year for the Lions to make the playoffs with the pack and vikings stinking up the divison and all they will to show for it is a possible second place finish with a record of 5-11 if the defense can squeeze out two more victories:frusty:
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

O'Hara, Mooch likes to go sideways. "Get it, down field"
  8. Darth Tater

They did that in overtime. OOPS! :rolleyes:
  9. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Mooch needs to go bye-bye I really didn't have to much faith in him coming in and with his co-ordinators now I have none.I just don't know what else to say except the same thing every year.

Besides the interception Garcia didn't look that good either.Well with my leg I wasn't as mobile blah,blah WHAT??wasn't this the guy last week who said he wouldn't have come in unless he could compete like he wanted to and Mooch let him!

New record I look forward to sweeping firings and the draft after just 6 games cuz I knew they would lose.Pistons take me away.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Oh, ye of little faith. One thing that might be of concern, is, was Garcia in complete use of is facilities when he went back in late in the game? People were saying he looked stunned. I think he took to many shots. Joel could have come in fresh.
  11. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Little faith? I think Lions fans have more faith than anyone on the planet.

After DECADES of losing and incompetence the Lions STILL sell out every single home game. Lions message boards are STILL flooded 12 months a year with die hard fans holding on to any glimmer of hope tighter than Mike Williams does a pass (HOLD ON TO THE FREAKING BALL MIKE!!).

We're just gluttons for punishment. We have too much faith. What we need is a miracle.
  12. Darth Tater

"Little faith"? I think expecting a miracle is a lot to ask for.

What positive signs do you see with this team?

We have a good running back who gets no blocking. We have skilled receivers who get a couple of short screen passes every game (when they aren't injured or doing drugs). We have a coach and GM who do not get along. We have 45 years of futility with the same owner (futility = one playoff victory in that time). We have coaches who make ridiculous calls. The quarterbacks...I don't even need to go there.

Only thing I see this year is a good defense and a field goal kicker. That won't do it. Hanson gets few opportunities because the offense can't even get close. That leaves the defense.

If the offense were just average there would be hope. It isn't. It is horrible.

Why have faith? They aren't even fun to watch.

Faith = false hope = another wasted Sunday afternoon.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What a bunch of cry babies you are!!

Most of you guys and gals have been around 20 years so you know the routine. You start the season all hopeful then reality sets in with each Lion loss. It's your own fault, you knew Joel was the starter, I.E. inadequate. So for you to expect a 9 and 7 team or better was dreaming on your part.
    The Fords can't stop the run! I say the Fords are only 5% to blame. That's for hiring Millen. I say Millen is 15% to blame for wrecking the team and starting over. Not smart, but sometimes that's what you got to do.
    Now people are realizing Fontes and Ford Jr. were at least competitive. And they had Barry.
    Our Dee is improved. Not yet suffocating but better. When in all of Fontes regime did we have Dee this good? Maybe '91 the 12 and 4 team. I saw better play in the Bears game than the week before. That's improvement.
  14. jammertime

So you're saying that if Joey were on the Steelers, Patriots, Colts or Eagles those teams would have a losing record?

Joey isn't blameless, but he is far from the only problem in this organization. A team that loses year in and year out for decades doesn't have one problem.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Good Q. I don't think they would be going to the playoffs. Or winning playoff games. Bloody Dilfer has a ring. I don't even know if Joel can go downfield, he hasn't done it enough. He's not stupid he's just isn't corizmatic[sp] enough.
  16. Darth Tater

I don't see anyone crying, unless you call shooting down your opinions "crying." I call it being "realistic".

You haven't disputed anything we've said. You merely called us names. Hardly makes for an intelligent or interesting discussion.

Did you come up with the5% and "15% to blame" part through some mathematical formula I'm unaware of? Interesting that everyone the Ford's have hired over the last 45 years shoulder the remaining 95 percent of the blame.

You just keep on buying tickets to the games. The Fords love people like you.

I guess Dumars is only 15% responsible for the Pistons success, eh? And Davidson's 5% input that lead to a championship for the Tampa Bay Lightning, Detroit Shock, and Detroit Pistons all in one year was luck, right? Had nothing to do with the way he built the organizations. Well...maybe 5% of it did, right?

Some teams are just lucky, I guess. Others like the Lions and Clippers just can't catch a break. Yeah, as soon as Joey is gone they will be awesome. Look how well Garcia is doing.

******Note to Micro...Remember my pm to you last week...does this answer your question???? ******* lmaoooooo.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Tater

You know who you are. The repetative whining about the same thing. And if calling you cry babies and of little faith is that hurtful just say it. Your opinions are correct we see the same things game in and game out. I say look for the positive. For now, before I go ballistic.
    ....Yes that is my math formula for responsibility, the Fords are 5% to blame. And unlucky. They've put out the doe. What more do you want them to do? Run the team? I thought we don't want them to meddle.
    Millen gets 15% thats 20% management. Pretty healthy if you ask me. And how can you say I don't answer you or whomever. Now, do you still need to go behind my back.:ohwell:
  18. Darth Tater

(1)Stating that something is bad or lousy is not whining.

(2)Expecting the Ford's or any other owner to make a few sound hiring decisions over half a decade is not asking too much.

(3)You still haven't addressed the issues relating to the state of the team. You keep going on about loving the kool aid and chastising others for not dining with you.

(4) Anything further I state is only going to bring Roscoe in here. Consider this my parting comment to you.
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Tater,
    [1] The statements maybe true and to constantly harp about failure by everyone including me is whinning.
    [2] I agree, but they haven't made many successful moves in 35 yrs. That isn't something we can control. Is it?
    [3] That's just wrong. Look at ALL my posts. I've dealt with almost all the team issues. Even the ones I was wrong about [CRog].
    [4] Until you're man enough to PM me with what's really on your mind, maybe you should chill. Cause I got a PM for you.
    [5] Moderators, this game and thread has run its course. You can lock it up.
  20. jammertime

TheeTFD

Being a fan of any sport is about sticking with your team through thick and thin.

Its about talking about the positives and the negatives. Do you think that PistonForum.com only has positive threads about the Pistons and its players? Do you think any forum only has positive talk? Think again. That's the beauty of free speach.

Are we supposed to just blindly follow our teams without saying anything negative? That's what makes a true fan, the passion.

The Lions have more passionate fans than any team I've ever known. After decades of losing, we're still here. We still chear for the team. We still boo when we aren't happy. We still talk about the positives, get excited and hopefull to start every season, and lament the negatives when things go wrong.

Its the same with every team in every sport around the world. That is the beauty of sports.

I do agree with you on one point though. This discussion is over.