1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

BEN/ben: lead by example

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by HarryFWong, Nov 9, 2009.

1. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

YouTube - Ben Gordon - The Newest Bad Boy

YouTube - Ben wallace mix

i'm on the ben gordon bandwagon. he shoots high % across the board, willing to take it to the rack once in awhile. like to see his defense, assists/boards up a little, and complete his game.

and what else can you say about b. wallace? sick.

these guys iz da truf

2. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Big Ben already made up for everything and played himself back into the heart of me and definetely many more. Gotta wonder what would have happened if he had stayed in Detroit. Anyways, great to see that he still has it.

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Gordon is playing better defense than I expected. Last night he hard-fouled a Philly hot shot going for a dunk, and made him earn his points at the line. He had great elevation on that play and a lot of strength. Much better than the stupid touch fouls that result in and-1s, which was all too common last year.

I think BenGo will take his game to the next level as a Piston.

Big Ben? What is there to say other than I'm glad he's back home. I hope he sticks with the organization post retirement.

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Just as long as he stays away from the PG position.

5. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

I agree walter BENGo may take his game into the next level as long as he stays as a 2.But I guess the problem is this stuckey thing, The management should stop dreaming that stuck will be the Future PG....stuckey sucks!

6. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Once Stuckey settles into his new role, he will be fine. Since Stuck has gotten hear he missed part of a season with an injury, went through the next full season trying to learn the nba game from CB and the next he was thrown in to be the man.

Now with Rip, Ben and CV; he can be himself instead of trying to carry too much of the load.

7. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am pretty impressed by Big Ben's play but more with his leadership and mentorship of the younger guys.

During his first trip in Detroit, he wasn't very vocal, he led by example. Now, he is leading by example and being very vocal and preaching defense, defense, defense to the new guys and according to the papers, the players are responding.

I am so impressed with him. I can see a maturity level that was lacking before, I don't see him jawing with the refs. His brief stints in Chicago and Cleveland probably was the best thing to happen to him professionally.