Ben Pippen Wallace

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Buckeyes#1, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

An Open Letter To Ben Pippen Wallace,

Maybe I missed it but I did not see one Detroit writer call you out for what you did the other day. Before this gets swept under the rug and we all act like it didn’t matter or happen, I am first going to call you out. First of all, you said “there is no quit in me”. Well that’s a bunch of bull cause the fact is you did quit. Your coach told you to get in the game and you cussed him out. You quit on your team, your coach, and your fans, and you cost us the game. I’m glad I didn’t put money on the game that you threw away. The second thing you said was "I just want to help my team win and if I feel like I am not getting the opportunity to do that, I feel like I am cheating the team." Wrong again Ben. Your blowing smoke again. You were given a golden opportunity to help your team win and you told the coach to take a hike. You turned your back on your team, your coach, and your fans. Not cool. The third thing you said was “My goal is to win a championship. If we're not on the same page and we're not about the same things, then don't disrespect me by having me out there just to run around”. You got it backwards again Ben. The coach did not disrespect you by telling you to get in the game. You not only disrespected your coach, you disrespected the uniform that you are wearing, and the fans that faithfully follow you. The bottom line is you can’t quit ever for any reason. Don’t try to spin this like you are being disrespected when you are the one who did the disrespecting. I trust this is a one time failure and you now have your head together. On the other hand, if you want to continue to be a quitter, I hope you find another team in a few more months. Since you didn’t have the courage to apologize for your lapse in judgment, I felt even more disrespected, and I decided I would publicly tell you what I think of your selfish decision.

Buckeye

2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

did u see the response from Pippen? it was, first of all, illiterate gobble. Then he says it was ok back "in his situation". Basically saying it was alright to sit out when you arent asked to take the last shot. What a jerk and Dan Patrick is such a girl.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The national sports media, PTI, Around the Horn etc, certainly kept this thing alive by discussing it on their shows today. They were split on if it meant any thing, but I know in listening to WDFAN today on my computer the annnoucers, Stoney/Wojo and the call in fans were pretty hot about it.

It was a dumb mistake by Wallace as it propably cost a game with that loss to the Magic. Being said, Joe should have stepped in at least fined him $5K for insubordination. No real Piston fan wanted him suspended one game only to see us possibly lose on National TV to the lowly Pacers and cut our chances of securing HCA.:nod:

Flip does not have the same control over the team as LB did and probably won't until they win the ring. Flip had a chance to sit Sheed for being late to the game last Sunday and punked out then by starting him.

With Ben, it was a message to the team to "wake up and I am not going to put up with this." (Down 15 to the magic at the half). If this had happen 3 weeks ago when we were in that funk, most of the fans who were at that time concerned about their lack of intensity and hustle would have applauded Ben for standing up for the teams bad play.

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Buckeye, you're just lookin' for trouble

First of all with name like Buckeye you'll aways be a second class citizen here. You're basically a traitor behind emeny lines. Now if all of the media is content to sweep this under the rug, due to the mitigating circumstants, where do you get the sack to call BBen out?
    ...We all know BBens strenghts and short comings, yet we still win. We also know Flips "scoring style" isn't a perfect match. If BBen wants touches we'll get him touches, end of problem. If BBen thought Flip needed a public scolding, so be it. They can kiss and make up in private. If BBen needs a fine, so be it.
    ...I think what you need is for someone to beat you over the head with one of those BBen blowup dolls! :mad:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Failure to understand the odor of BBens jock------------50 points :)

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

The national media will beat this story like a drum all the way to the Finals if the Pistons are there. Controversy + winning team = ratings.

The Spurs/Pistons Finals as entertaining as it was, did not recieve very high ratings at all. With another Spurs/ Pistons Finals looming, the national media will pull out all the stops to pull in more viewers this year.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Buck,

Calling Ben a "Pippen"? That is low.

I think you owe Ben an apology.

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Pippen needs to shut his face on this issue. Zip it.
    What a joke.

8. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

I thought it was about the biggest joke on the planet that he of all people open his mouth on the subject. Really how does he have the guts to talk about Ben. What he did was even worse than what Ben did I never liked Pip but this is the pot calling the kettle black.

9. Buckeyes#1

What is low is that Ben lowered himself to Pippen's level. I simply acknowledged what Ben didn't have the courage to do, instead of looking the other way pretending it didn't happen. I would have gladly looked the other way if Ben had apologized.

10. Buckeyes#1

ThreeTFD,

Maybe I am just a second rate citizen here but I don't feel like one. I enjoy talking to all the guys here. I also don't look for trouble. On the other hand, I don't run from it either. Sometimes it does cost me. Once my boss asked me for my honest opinion so I did. The next day I was looking for another job. It all works out though. I found a better job with better surrroundings that paid twice as much. Yeah, I knew I would probably ruffle a few feathers here with this thread. But I always try to shoot straight with people even when it may not be popular. I think my friends here will point me in the right direction if I was wrong. Of course, if everyone abandoned me and cast me off as you are apparently doing, then I guess it would be time to move on. My goal was not to look for trouble though. It just really bugged me that Ben did what he did, and then he tried to spin it as though he was the victim. I just thought it needed to be pointed out whether it was popular or not. If my being here is an irritation to people though, I will need to move on. The reason why we come here is to get away from problems. I certainly don't want to be a source of irritation to anyone here.

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Feel free to be TFD's problem. ;)

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Buckeye is definately not a 2nd class citizen... he's a die hard Piston fan that happened to spend time in Buckeye land... a regular poster on the Det News board.
    He's taken way more heat than neccessary because of his football name... make no mistake about it he's red, white & blue.

13. Buckeyes#1

Thanks Mercury.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You started the thread and you got what you got. This isn't the first time I've questioned your motives, honesty, loyalty and perserverence. I think it's time for a poll.

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Merc, he knuckled under to the Buckeyes. How happy go lucky. Instead hardheads like me spit nails all day cause our teams sux. Part of the reason I never got married is because I knew i couldn't be loyal. Why F'up? Loyalty matters !

16. Buckeyes#1

You want a poll? That's fine with me. And to make it interesting. Anything less than 90% in my favor, I will agree I am in the wrong place. I will value other posters satisfaction greater than mine. I've been a Detroit fan longer than I even knew what a Buckeye was. I grew up in Toledo and Detroit was always on the airwaves. So as a third grader, I fell in love with the Tigers and Lions. I can tell you right now the starting lineup of the 68 Tigers. I'd listen to basically every single game in the summers and watched them on tv along with George Kell and Al Kaline. It wasn't till about fourth grade when I realized college football even existed. Obviously being from Ohio, it's logical why I started liking the Buckeyes. I wouldn't spend years following all these forums if I didn't like the Detroit teams. I even have some friends on the Big Ten forum, and they obviously know who I am rooting for.

17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

OFF TOPIC:
    Ya had to go there :^)
    1st base Stormin' Norman Cash
    2nd Dick McAuliff (sp)
    3rd Don Wertz
    SS Ray Oyler (then Stanley)
    LF Willie "The wonder" Horton
    CF Mickey Stanley & Jimmy Nothrup (grand slam kid)
    RF Ah... what's his name lol...some HOF guy :^)
    C Bill Freehan

Ok Buckeye gimme 4 pitchers and some bench players (how bout starting with the pinch hitter)... if you can't get at least three you're banned for life :^)

18. Buckeyes#1

RF: Al Kaline
    P: Mickey Lolich; Denny McClain
    PH: I can only think of Gates Brown but I think he came around a few years later. To be honest, I did forget the ss name. I do remember the trade that brought Aurelio Rodriguez and Eddie Brinkman, but for some reason, I don't remember Ray Oyler.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

90% ? Be for real. And while your at it give me 5 Olinemen for Barry.

20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Here's some pitchers that might ring a bell..
    Earl Wilson, Joe Sparma, John Hiller
    You got the main pinch hitter
    Ray Oyler was easy to forget (had about a .120 BA)
    Stanley (a gr8 center fielder) was put in at SS right before the World Series to give them some pop... a bold move by Mayo Smith
    Price was the backup catcher
    It strange how the brain works... couldn't tell ya what I ate for breakfast this morning

Sorry folks back to Ben = Pippen