Ben Wallace/Chicago Bulls '06/'07

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Oct 11, 2006.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Re: Big Ben's Debut

The way this game is flowing, the Bulls could have this 29 point lead without Ben's contribution. Yeah at the half he has 5 boards, 3 pts and an assist, but the way the Bulls are playing, maybe he should have stayed here so we would have a chance to beat those Bulls later:)

Maybe it's just the Heat aren't that good....
  2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Halftime Chicago leads 59-30.

Wow. Chicago looking strong. Love that aggressive hustling defense that is creating points in the paint. :rolleyes:

Ben made his first two free throws of the season. I almost fell off my couch. It's wierd to see him playing for someone else, but I'm just glad to watch him play.

As an aside, why is everything to do with that Miami organization so tacky? The ring ceremony, the music, everyone in white again. The announcer sounding like a poor man's Mason. That organization needs to hire an image consultant. As a fan, I'd be embarrassed to be associated with that fan base.
  3. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Limiting the so called NBA Champions:yukpuke: to just 30 points at the half shows that the Bulls are ready for the season and they meant BUSINESS. Whether or not Big Ben is with the Bulls, as long as the Heat is playing, I'm supporting the other team.

BEAT HEAT!!!:lol: BEAT HEAT!!!
  4. LA Dre

Kim you are right about the ring ceremony, it was so boring and subdued, I thought I was watching a wedding :sssh:
  5. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

ben sucks. misses two easy layups in a row. i guess he was trying to pad his rebound stats. miami is taking it easy this season. i think the bulls could have used thier money more wisely because the rest of the team is good without ben.
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Wow, Ben`s team looks quite impressive. Or, is it as Dre mentioned, Miami is just not that good, or perhaps, will be in cruise control until further notice.

What was startling to me about the Baby Bulls was their depth and agressiveness, on both ends of the floor. I still wouldn`t put too much into this victory tonight, however, if the Bulls put forth a consistent effort like tonight, they could be a handful througout the season and into the playoffs.

As for Miami, I just don`t see them repeating as champions. Iregardless of this loss, they are done. The Heat players looked as if they were eliminated from the playoffs at the end of this game. It was only the first game of the season.

Maybe they are anticipating a long, dreadful season............
  7. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Shaq's butt getting bigger and Wade's head getting bigger too. No way they can repeat. I personally don't think they can even reach the Conference Finals.

:ouch:
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The Heat are in serious need for some athletes that can defend the perimeter... Jalen may not be their answer
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Bench points- Chicago 55, Miami 12.

That was the most satisfying game that I have seen in a long time. The Bulls played 12 guys in the first half and the arena was empty.

I think that the Bulls are probably the deepest team in the NBA.

And what about this comment from the announcer "some would argue that the Bulls will have a hard time making it deep into the playoffs without a star player"?

Ben Wallace, 5 time all-star, best defender of a generation, NBA champion, former captain of last year's 64 win Piston team... not a star????

And Kirk Hinrich, starting point guard for the US Olympic team.

They are getting as disrespected as the 03-04 Pistons.

By the way, Tyrus Thomas and Ben Wallace each had absolutely ridiculous dunks tonight. Both were off of rebounds and they came out of nowhere.
  10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I have DirecTV to thank for screwing up my installation date and forcing me to miss this one from start to finish.

However, they did refund my money for the 5 days I was out of service and gave me 3 months of Showtime Free......SWEET.

...oh wait, no Bulls games on Showtime...:gaah:
  11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Shaq looked slower than ever... he's a non factor on defense... real easy to back cut...
    Riley is gonna work these ol' farts to death... hoopshype will have a hammy pull or knee strain by next week.
  12. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Yeah, they didn't hold back at all about playing their bench, even on national tv first game of the year. I really love these teams that are willing to play so deep. It's why Phoenix and Dallas were also so likeable to me last year.

Now I know that it was only the first game and Miami didn't seem either willing or capable of putting forth a real effort, but STILL even considering all that, Chicago looked crisp, fast, strong and like "they know who they are." I can't wait to see more of them. They will be an exciting team to watch this year. Very dynamic.
  13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I thought ben wallace did pretty well. He had that one rebound while he was surrounded by Heat players and then he threw a long outlet pass for the transition bucket. Great looking team those bulls. Scrappy and lots of movement.
  14. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Hater.

I already see what you're cooking up. If the Bulls do well with Ben you will say that he had nothing to do with their success. Sad, just sad.
  15. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Can we guage the Bulls by this game. It does sure say ythat they will not let up. They will beat into the dirt if you let them. What about the Heat?? Everyone is ready to retire.
  16. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I see GP, Zo and Walker taking a step back this year. They have their rings now. Two of them are ready to retire, and the third is just waiting to eat the other two.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Holy crap was Fatoin's 3-point shot off. Those bricks had no chance.
  18. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You sound surprised...
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Well, he is streaky. He makes enough that I always fear it may be going in when he shoots. But last night, there was just no hope. It was like watching Ben go through one of those free throw slumps. The misses were of a bad quality.
  20. LA Dre

I got stuck with him on one of my fantasy teams in the advanced league and he is trade bait right now for whomever wants him:(