Ben Wallace News Opinions

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by MotownPride, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Re: October 2006 Piston Articles

This is so annoying.

They are missing the point here. Ben said he was alright with Carlisle as a coach because he always knew where he stood. Why wasn't that mentioned in this article? The article also chose to ommit the fact that Ben said we functioned without any defensive system what so ever. That was the problem he had with our defense.

Can we get an article out here that doesn't sound like Bballjay is editing the comments. Jeesh!
  2. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

maybe there is some truth to the stuff i say. hard to accept isn't it.
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

lol. The truth isn't hard to accept, but the realization that there are other illogical people who share your ideas does. Your bias is deeply routed by a Darko fixation, while the others seem to have struck some deal with the Pistons PR office or something. Regardless, all of you have missed the mark on this one and I find it disgusting.
  4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Ben is a stubborn b****, and we have to realize that. If he truly believes he'll be better off than he's a moron as well than. We won't be better on paper, but that doesn't matter.

Ben didn't like how things were going. That basically means he didn't try his hardest, it's human nature. At some point he just gave up on Flip, and he didn't do what made him a winner. He didn't only do bad in the offense. Come playoff time he didn't look like The DPOY he looked average. The whole team stunk it up in the playoffs, and we lost.

I believe we'll have a better playoffs next season. Flip is wrong though, it won't be because Ben left. As far as I know Ben is>>>>>>than Nazr. Next season we'll have a bigger rotation, and more than 1 player will step up in the playoffs. If Tayshaun is the only one who comes to make this team win in the playoffs again I'll be very sursprised.
  5. Prophecy Revealed

Prophecy Revealed First Round Draft Pick

I really hope the money makes Ben happy because as long as he is in chicago he will Never and I mean NEVER win a DPOY or CHAMPIONSHIP again "you bet money on that one"-Then again don't bet just know. [sign]WELCOME TO DETROIT CITY[/sign]
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

A harsh reality.. nobody is exempt from fault here.
  7. Prophecy Revealed

Prophecy Revealed First Round Draft Pick

Agreed.
  8. max

max All-Star

True, it was a lose-lose for both Ben Wallace and the Pistons. Except for Bens wallet and some extra ticket sales for the Bulls.

Time to move on.
  9. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i'd like to have a dime for everytime one of us here have posted some variation of the following: "everyone shares the blame" and "time to move on."

yet it seems as though it's actually really hard to do.

maybe that's just because the new season hasn't started and so we're caught in a kind of limbo, bereft of what we used to cheer for (or complain about) and with nothing new to cheer for (or complain about).
  10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I think we all share the blame for this predicament, and I think there will be plenty to complain about once the season starts.

We will also do some cheering..........:)
  11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Whatever man, when you're right and someone doesn't listen to you, are you the b****, then?

You are going to have a very unhappy experience at the end of this season my friend, if you think this team will go further than it did WITH Ben a year later without him.
  12. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I look at this years Tigers, when a few weeks ago I said to myself, well I be darned, the Yankees have passed them for the best record in the East and now the Tigers are playing like crap.

No way did I think the Tigers were going to beat the Yankees. Now I think that Leland was smart, he didn't burn the guys out trying to get the best record in the East, I think he simply said play smart and save some energy for the games that count.

Riley was smart, he watched the Pistons all year wearing themselves out without a semblance of a rotation trying to chase the record. Riley didn't win all those rings in LA for no reason. He was the smarter coach.

Now for Flip and Ben. Flip got caught up in the numbers game and not only allowed Ben & others to dictate who will play, when they will play, how they will play. The only thing the starting five didn't dictate is where they were going to play, only because the NBA was responsible for that.

Flip saw a championship team and decided to let them do their thing. Ben "God Bless Him", became selfish down the stretch, began to see himself looming larger than the team which oftentimes happen with notoriety and accomplishments. Ben and some of the others starters wanted to play 48 minutes, Flip allowed it to happen. Maybe the other guys like CB, Rip and Tay didn't mind resting a few minutes, but it was obvious that Ben wanted to play all 48. (My opinion only).

I truly believe the team thought that they would become better off without Ben this year. They wished him well because they knew he would be happier in another system. Ben had a monstrous ego, I mean huge. This is only an opinion, not a fact.

We will be much better this year, this will be Tayshaun's year, he will be an allstar and a quiet leader.

I think all of the Ben/Flip mess that's going on in the media needs to stop. The only way this will happen if both just sit down, have a coke and a smile and shut the hell shut up.

Ben is the enemy, he's in another camp now, he's gone and since he is gone, will more than likely never, ever wear a Pistons uniform again, nor will he have his number retired here. The gong will never ring for his rebounds and his name will never be heard coming from Mason's mouth again. He is history, gone, salavee, vamoosh, adios, arrivadercci, seeya, bye, bye. (That's not an opinion, but more than likely a fact).

His first game here, if I were in attendance, I will give him a huge cheer and standing O and from then on, he gets no love from me.

Boy, us Pistons fans take forever to move on, we hate change, but change is an inevitable part of life which is accepted by everyone except for Pistons fans. We just hang on forever, and ever, and ever, and ever. Almost like breastfeeding and potty training, eventually we have to come out of that comfort zone and start drinking from the cup and stop messing in the pamper.

And for all of you hang on to Ben forever fans, this is not Ben bashing, i will be the first to stand up and say what a great defensive player he was in detroit, loved him. I will always remember him as the one who brought the hard work ethic and being the face of the Pistons and bringing us an NBA championship.

On the other hand, I don't suffer from separation anxiety, I can move on, be happy for the man, wish him well then get back to pointing out the positives things about my team for this upcoming season. That's what you call old fashioned Home Town Team Spirit. If you want to be in this town, if you truly love this town, then let no man or woman convince you, cajole you, humiliate, threaten or challenge you to leave. That's one thing I love about America we have a choice.

If we don't go far in the playoffs this year, so what, who says we would go further if Ben was here this season. Last time I checked, no one owned a patent for futuristic time travel. Don't tell me about the odds, because we all know about the odds, that's why they call it just that.
  13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I doesn't matter if you are right or wrong...ya'll have to get along.

If the team goes father along its because we changed from running our 6 into the dirt into playing with 8-9 guys.
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If you quote my whole post then those statements will make more sense.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Everyone shares the blame in this one. I think it's time to move on.

(There goes another dime to Professor. I'll send it to your Paypal account.)
  16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This is true, but if we were giving 110% for the Gipper the fat lady would have had the heart of a Lion and we'd be shooting the lights out... but since there's no "I" in Ship we'll have to rain some threes and play above the rim to reach our ultimate goal.

How many days 'til tipoff?
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LOL. Too many...
  18. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

cha ching cha ching
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Bill still owes me 2 shiny nickels. I think it is high time he stops gambling...
  20. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

After reading all kinds of stuff about Ben his departure his recent quotes etc I am now wondering if it was Ben that squeezed Darko and Memo out!!

Ben was clearly the straw that stirred the drink. I can definitely see where Ben would not have been too happy with Memo and Darko getting more minutes. At first I thought maybe it was Sheed but now that doesn't make sense to me.

Star players in the NBA clearly have a lot of internal power as to the makeup of a team including the coaching and minutes played by individual players. Magic was example. He got more than one coach fired and he isn't the only player to have done so.

Anyway all three are gone and it is time to move on. I read where Amir is now 6'11". I sure hope he can develop a low post game or better yet maybe a game like KG or TD or maybe even better then their games. LOL

Everyone loves a great big man, especially when he is on your team. Maybe that is why everyone kept hoping Darko would make it as a Piston. So now that hope passes to Amir.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.