Ben Wallace upset

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Buckeyes#1, May 27, 2009.

1. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

What I'm saying, is this-

If you want people to get behind your rationale, don't make stuff up.

Once you start freestyling with the facts, I, personally, am going to get the gut feeling that your perceptions are just as emotionally driven as those you wish to denounce.

If that's how you want to roll....let loose man.

It's not going to keep people from pointing to the trolley as it breaches the tunnel leading to the land of make-believe, though. Regardless of how many times you pop into a thread to tell them not to notice it.
  2. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

"I can also appreciate with a measurable amount of humor how much hate there is for a guy who actually succeeded here. But, yet there is hardly the level of disproportionate hatred for people who fail miserably here."

This comment was made as a response to one of my postings about Ben and the issues I brought up regarding him. Sounds like you're saying I hate him to me.
  3. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

LeBron isnt Malone and Gary. LeBron is a 6 year vet that will not even be 25 years old until December. Same as Dwight Howard.

Bad analogy. Horrible, in fact.
  4. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

1. That's not right either because Joe wasn't offering Ben the max so even if I was a year off...Ben's deal would have been significantly less that 15 MIL AND for sake of argument we would still have a ton of cash with Iverson coming off the books, so we still would have been no worse off.

2. I just quoted a post (albeit a sarcastic response) which in its sarcasm belies the very sentiment that somehow I was suggesting that Ben's number would still be great RIGHT NOW. So, ignoring that and saying I didn't show anything (or anyone) is just silly.

3. It's nice how I'm not able suggest that anyone hates Ben Wallace, yet any response from me regarding the concept that Joe made a wise move is instantly me getting 'riled up'.

4. I label it as I feel like labeling it. If people are going to suggest that I have 'blind love' for a guy, then why shouldn't I be able to say the opposite? There are much worse things that have been said on this forum than some people hate Ben Wallace.
  5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

You were talking about his success and you know it. :yellowprison:

[SARCASM]I'm so ticked at you right now.[/SARCASM]
  6. Pwn Toney

I already said once that I wasn't speaking directly about you. Nevermind the fact that I didn't mention any names at all. That was a very generic and non-specific response. What more do you want?

I simply replied to your post because it was in the string of conversation and some of your points gave me ideas. I'll be sure not to quote people in the future.
  7. Tha Locstah

By continuing to stress the fact that he succeeded you are implying that someone is saying he failed. I think it has always been a foregone conclusion that he succeeded. We were all there to witness it. I don't get the point you are trying to make. By simply repeating HE SUCCEEDED doesn't help. I'm sure there are people that hate Ben.....you name a person and there are people to be found that hate him. So what's the point? Are you implying that people aren't allowed to hate someone because they SUCCEEDED?

:noidea:
  8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I'm not denying that there are Ben Wallace haters, but that doesnt mean everyone that points to his decline is a hater.

I'm not following that logic brutha. Am I'm (obviously) not the only one that caught that vibe from you.
  9. Pwn Toney

What more do you want? Outside of the Celtics, what team in the modern era had big name FA's fall in their lap and give them a bunch of "all-stars" and then won it all?

This crap isn't a daily occurrence because teams don't get to load up with the best guys at all positions. The CBA is structured that way, not because players don't wanna play on the best teams or only wan the money.
  10. Tha Locstah

By quoting you give the impression that your post is in response to the post you have quoted especially when your comments are directly related to the quoted post. Did I say that right?
  11. Pwn Toney

And if you're not denying there are Ben Wallace haters, then you are, in fact, agreeing with me because that's all I've been saying this whole time.

I just stated earlier that I never said that everyone hates Ben Wallace. It's almost as if regardless of what I say, everyone else is going to tell me what my thoughts and intentions were.
  12. Pwn Toney

No one's freestyling with the facts. The Pistons won a title with Ben Wallace here and he was a major part of that success. Fact.
  13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Look man.

I love you.

I have loved your posts and ideas since you wrote to inside hoops (it was them right?) back in the day to express ideas so many of us shared.

I love your music. I've tried to get ahold of everything you've dropped, and spread the word.

I love that you love Ben Wallace to this day.

I love that you defend him to this day.

Some things concerning Ben Wallace I disagree with you about.

I don't think everyone that disagrees with you is hating Ben. Especially me. Especially the Locstah.

Thats all.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You had him at "I love you." :pound: