Bench Changes

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Mar 6, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

Looking at the guys we lost ( Arroyo,Darko ) and the guys we picked up Delk, Cato and the guy we got back Hunter our bench may have actually improved?

Darko was not going to play. Cato is comming back soon and is only 31. Nice defensive minded 6'11" Center.

Hunter would have gotten the bulk of the mins in the playoffs at backup point anyway as he did last season and we added Delk. Delk is a decent defender. Has not played much and his career stats don't exactly slap you in the face but he did score 51 points once. Not everyone can score 51 in a game so he has some O. Seems to have some range.

Added a couple of savy vets for the playoffs. Kind of like the Bulls used to do.

2. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I think it definately helped us (with the aquisition of Delk) for this year. Just watching Delk on the floor in the limited time he's been in here I can tell he'll be big for the team down the strech. He's not afraid to take big shots (any shot in an ECF or Finals is a big shot). He is a versatile defender (defended Kobe pretty darn well when he was on him). Most of all, he looks like he isn't afraid to get in the lane and take some contact. Let's face it, Chauncey can't finish around the rim to save his life so he's not a great inside weapon. He's good at getting "bump fouls" on the perimeter, but it seems he usually relys on "star calls" when he gets into traffic by flailing around. Rip dribbling into traffic... well, I won't get into that. Ugly at best. Tayshaun is too weak to take a hit and finish, so he shys away from it. Tony could really help us in that regard. I just hope Flip uses him properly. Heading toward the basket, not away from it.

Cato could become very usefull against Shaq. Even though I doubt Flip will use him (just like dale :doh:), but I think he'll be usefull if hell freezes over and Flip plays some of these guys. As it is, Dale clearly deserves 5-6 minutes. Or rather I should be saying that Ben deserves 5-6 minutes of rest.

3. max

max All-Star

Is Shaq even that big of an issue anymore? He is down to about 30 MPG under 20 PPG. I know he is still a force but the road through Miami now goes through Wade.

I am really not that worried about any team in the East. SAN will be tough. Just have to maintain homecourt and go in there for another crack at it. The team thinks they would have won last season with homecourt and we have added some depth since then.

4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Let's face it, he's still a force against us. He can not only take Ben completely out of the game as far as Ben's help defense, but he also dominates him one-on-one in every matchup. Obviously Wade is their best player, but I think he'd be very containable without Shaq. I also think we've got some of the best "Wade defenders" in the league if Flip uses them. Lindsey gave him fits last year. Delfino gave him fits this year. And Delk looks to be a good matchup (Strong, quick, in-your-face type defender). If Flip decides to put Tayshaun on Wade again though.... who knows what could happen :doh:

5. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Yep, Yep, and shoot yeah !!

6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Anyone notice the Hoopshype article talking about Fred Hoiberg coming to Detroit to talk to Flip & Joe about a possible roster spot?

Can't imagine who's spot he would take

14 spots taken not including Acker & Amir

7. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I just read that Cato will be put on the playoff roster and maxiell will be on the inactive.

8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'm of the opinion Miami is a bigger threat than Spurs. I don't want BBen on Shaq, period. Miami could take 2 games from us, 3 if we let Wade get off, Spurs only one. This team could go 16 and 4 in the run. The league should be afraid very afraid.