Bench Early?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

You definitely want to attack early and often but foul trouble is the one big thing that can derail this team. Delfino is too raw and Mo ...is mo. But Someone has got to put pressure on Dwade from the bench. I hope we give someone other than lindsey and Dyess some floor time to harass Miami. It doesn't have to be a lot but we really need to have our guys loose and ready in the 4th. Think it'll happen?

2. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Put J-Max on Wade. Tell him to stay with the jumpshot and whack him every time he tries to drive.

I would be thrilled if Davis, Cato, and barring foul trouble Sheed, got some time on Shaq without the double-team nonsense, too.

But I anticipate 40-48 minutes from all of the starters, and a hope and a prayer that they can play through the exhaustion in the 4th.

3. max

max All-Star

I would not change anything at this point. Although Sheeds Ankle may be a problem so Dyess will have to play extended mins. Dyess is probably fresher than any of the starters so he will be good to go.

I believe the bench will be the X-factor. If they score more than 10 we win.

BTW - Wade is a streak shooter who's streak is about to end so we may not need to play him as close. Let him drive and pickup offensive fouls or turn the ball over.

4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I would be shocked if we see more than Dyess and Lindsey get significant minutes tonight. Only way we will see Delfino or Mo, is because of an injury.

If Flip doesn`t play the bench if we are up by 20 what makes you think he will play it in an elimination game? Unless of course, he if forced to.

5. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

But, the more minutes that Lindsey gets, the better. Even if he is shooting 8% from the field, he's outperformed Chauncey in at least 3 games (and I would argue 4) this series.

I don't know about Mc_yess.

6. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I want to see DD and Cato back to back on Shaq---beat on that big boy, and the 4th Ben can go at him and on the offense.

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah, diggin through old posts, but this struck a chord with me. why not try some different things and make some adjustments if you're flip? let cato play for 2 defensive possessions, sub him with davis for another 2, just constantly mix things up. let jmax guard wade, if he tries to get by you knock him on his arse, etc.

heh anyway...

8. detteam

detteam All-Star

The game is water-over-the-dam, but clearly displayed Flip's coaching prowess :ohwell: