best commercials with NBA players!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by simone, Mar 28, 2006.

1. simone

simone Second Round Draft Pick

2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I guess the Wallside Windows commercial with Tayshaun would get my vote.

3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

The new stuff blows!

Back in the early '70s there was a great Pro Keds (yeah, it was a LONG time ago) commercial where Celtics star Jo Jo White was showing off his moves against other players in a phony game. Then he capped it off by rising up and up and up until he disappeared from view, leaving us staring at the rim ... which he then came down through, feet first. In slow motion! First we see Jo Jo's shoes (sound product placement technique) descending through the hoop, followed by the rest of Jo Jo with the ball held overhead. Halfway through you start to notice just how big around the "regulation" rim really is, like the size of a laundry hamper. But a great visual.

Honorable mention: Converse for the "Hey, Hey, Dr. J" TV spot launching his shoe, as well as their proto-rap "B Street Five" commercial touting the Chuck Taylor as "limousines for the feet."

4. Capn

Capn First Round Draft Pick

Personally I dislike all of the "King James" commercial. They just annoy me. Kobe is a close second to the annoying level.

I do like the classic MJ vs Bird ..." over the rafters through the window... nothing but net"

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

Put me down for the Wallside commercial too, although the Rick Mahorn air conditioner commercial is starting to win a place in my heart.

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

it's funny how robotic mahorn is on those commercials. he reminds me of when Orlando Jones is selling magazines door-to-door in Office Space

7. linwood

linwood All-Star

Lol! I hadn't even thought about Office Space! That movie is great. I like the part where Rockin Rick turns toward the camera and gives the thumbs up with the smile. Nice!