Best Trade Proposals...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheAnswer8891, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Couldn't we just get Carney this off season when he's a free agent? But I'm on board on getting rid of J-Max's contract.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

He doesn't hit the market until next summer, and by then you're paying too much. We have a chance to get good backups REAL CHEAP, it's better to pay the rookie scale contract than the Free-Agent - negotiated contract. That's why making a move RIGHT now is critical. Right now we have Rodney Stuckey and AA on sale, normally a guy giving you what Stuck gives cost about $10-$12 mill/yr and AA could easily cost you up to about $4-$6mill/yr; it's critical to that we shave payroll NOW!!!! I can't explain it very well, just take my word for it ;-)
  3. ocellatus

ocellatus First Round Draft Pick

How about this 3 team trade?

Sacramento Kings gets Chris Wilcox, Joe Smith & Walter Herrmann

Oklahoma City Thunder gets Alex Acker & Allen Iverson

Detroit Pistons get John Salmons, Brad Miller, Earl Watson, Thunder & Kings 1st round picks

The other teams would do it for the capspace. It would kill our capspace for next year but 2010 would still be good to go. We could play Salmons as a back up SG & SF. We'd have a much better team if we did this trade.

Stuckey/Watson/Bynum
    RIP/AA
    Prince/Salmons/Sharpe
    Sheed/Amir/Max
    Miller/Dice/Brown

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=556%7E1726%7E2802%7E3058%7E366%7E788%7E1027%7E1731&teams=8%7E8%7E25%7E23%7E25%7E23%7E8%7E23&te=&cash==

[​IMG]
  4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd try to trade RIP for Marion- Marion can play the 4 and he has an expiring contract. If it works for Detroit, he'll stay, if not, we probably can find some decent big via free agency. But I understand that there's a rest- risk of getting nothing in return since there it's difficult to get 2 FA's since most of them will stay with their teams.
  5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

if that team implodes, it may happen that all our FAs will leave ( Dice, AI, Sheed)
  6. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

No way they take Rip as SG/SF as they have D-Wade.
  7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

here's a random thought...trade rip for boozer and sign him in the off-season, and then sign marion as well. put him at the 2 and have a lineup of stuckey, marion, tay, boozer, and amir. that's like the opposite of small-ball right there :)
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm not a big Boozer fan but I like your scenario.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You want size and skill at the center spot? You want size at the 2? You want either a back up 3 or to move Tay to the bench? You don't want to worry about a player falling asleep at inappropriate times?

ESPN.com - NBA - Trade Machine Results
  10. Michaelcurry12

Michaelcurry12 Second Round Draft Pick

11. theprince22

theprince22 First Round Draft Pick

Rip for boozer, or mayb tyson chandler
  12. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Your approach is OK with me, but you can't do it all at once. This upcoming trade should tell us how JD is setting things up.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Oh hell 2-da-NAWW
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The mad scientist is back at it again, this new project I'm working on has me up all night long LITERALLY, so y'all have to deal with my wild proposals, check this one out!!! 3 Team Deal...

ESPN.com - NBA - Trade Machine Results

The Clips will always eat a Expiring contract to save $$$$.

I believe when T-Mac comes back healthy he's going to be a beast ( HoopsHype.com NBA Blogs - Mark Heisler ยป Best team no one ever saw? ), I'm also getting tired of my 2nd favorite Piston- Rasheed, I don't trust his temperment in the playoffs, this also sets us up for the future, all depends on if the Rockets are serious about their T-Mac reservations. NBA.com: The Daily Dose: Houston grows weary of waiting on T-Mac

Also T-Mac comes off the bench this season, the limited minutes will help him get healthy, next year IF Iverson is gone we got:
    PG-Stuckey / SG-TMac (AA) / SF-Tay (AA) / PF-Amir (Max) / C-Camby (Dyess/Kwame)

IF Iverson comes back (For Cheap) and we have vintage TMac, then I believe AI will embrace the 6th man role, and I won't complain either.

TMac's deal expires just in time to bring in Bosh in 2010, now Imagine if we get Bosh or Amare; I believe Tmac & AI will re-sign for VERY small deals that season.
    With Stuckey, (Vintage)TMac, Tay, Bosh (or Amare), it doesn't matter if Trent Plaisted is our starting C, we in like Flynn.
  15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

KG, ...dawg, ...all due respect.

I REALLY don't want Tracy MacGrady on my favorite team. I feel you with Camby but, ...dude, ...T-Mac?

Tracy MacGrady just might be the softest player ever to lace 'em up in the Association.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

1. Bro, I'm functioning on 2 hours of sleep these days, U get what U get at 4:30 am est !!!!!
    2. When T-Mac gets healthy I think he's coming back fierce.
    3. Bring him off the bench, look at VJ's ppg during our Hey-Day : 15.7, 12.2, 12.2, 9.8 & 11.7......T-Mac can do that on one leg, Hell with his injury history he may have to!!!!
    4. He can back up AI & Tay this year, and AA and Tay next year even playing at 50% he's aiight, with our roster we won't be betting the farm on him like Orl and Hou did.
    5. He'll resign for the vet min at this point in his career.
    6. Look what Arnie did for Dyess, even if T-Mac never becomes T-MAC again, he can be a solid vet off the bench like Dyess
    I know, I'm reaching, I really need some sleep, and a life!!!!
  17. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Point #2: He'll NEVER be healthy! He's a freaking hypochondriac.

Point #3: T-Mac ain't comin' off the bench. In HIS mind, he's on the same level as Kobe, TheBron & Wode.

Point #5: Tracy ain't signing at a discouted rate 'fo nobody! (see my response to point #3)

Point #6: All the frozen bannana peels in the world ain't gonna put Humpty McGrady back together again! He has the pain threshhold of an attention-starved toddler.

...It's awight KG! Get some sleep my brother.
    I've been reading your other trade props in this thread and you're on-point! I just can't get with any T-Mac to Detroit talk.

I'm stoked that the rumors a few months back of a "Griever and J-Max for T-Mac" deal never elevated from "rumor" status.

Rest assured that Joe is monitoring your proposals and will steal one of your ideas sooner or later. Keep the Trade Machine plugged-in bro!
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

ROTFLMAO
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star