Better without Rip Hamilton?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2007.

1. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

No we are not better without Rip.

We just manage to step up our games without Rip.

:nerd2:

A pleasant problem to have.

Aah, Depth, so nice to have.

:)
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Yes.

Even with Flip as coach.

I think the forum has come to the conclusion (maybe) that the Pistons past failures are not Flip`s fault alone.

Therefore, with Dumars ultimatum to Flip about playing the youngens, his so called newfound toughness, and the players actually caring for an entire season going into the playoffs.

Who knows!!
  3. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

With a good coach, it doesn't matter who starts the game. What is important is that who finishes the game.
  4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

? Are there some Mises or Menger readers in pf.com`?
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I disagree. I think they need to do this to overcome Flip's reliance on CB & Tay. 2 games into the year and they're at 34.5 and 39 minutes per game. DET had a double digit lead for the entire 2nd half in one of those. Flip is great at winning now.

AA is back to the bench according to today's papers. That gives a second unit of he, 'Lil Flip, Hayes, Max and Nazr. They won't go to Max in the post so he needs an O board or a pass via penetration to score. 'Lil Flip can drive, score and dish but is inconsistent. Hayes scores off of other people, not one on one.

I know this group isn't going to check in all at once like North Carolina, but if this group goes cold then they're just a few twitches from bringing CB or Tay in. I am not a pie in the sky guy. I don't think Amir is going to be the next Bill Russell, but I am bummed out that Rip is in and AA is out. This is especially funny because I wanted to kill myself after they drafted AA.
  6. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Given that we were two key players short who will be chewing up 55 minutes a game when they return, the majority of that from C-Bill and Tay I just don't understand the logic of your post. Even Hunter has been physically unable to suit up the first two games, so I am not sure who would get Tay and C-Bills minutes in those two games so that they would have had fewer minutes.

:hoops:
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I don't see Rip cutting into CB's minutes at all. I also see it as more likely that Stuckey will not be able to play significant minutes at the point than be able to. He is a rookie who has never played the point. All players, coaches and management say it is the toughest position in the L to learn. He might be able to contribute at the 2. He might not be able to make an impact at either position. He might be messed up by missing this time. I am not saying that any of those things will happen, but I am saying that the likelihood is greater than him being a minutes panacea. I am also saying that if the offense can't function without CB and Tay, this team has a ceiling. We've seen that the last 2 years. Maybe moving Rip to 6th man raises that ceiling? Maybe it doesn't, but I wouldn't mind taking a look.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm a Mises neophyte, basically from reading Lew Rockwell. But I plan to get a lot more knowledgeable on Austrian Economics over time. I have to order the books from the US, they are hard to find in Canada.
  9. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Maybe we should close this thread. LOL

That a go pappa Rip

:hoops:
  10. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Flip actually mentioned Rip not ready to play 38 minutes per game. Is that what the plan is? I thought they were going to reduce starters minutes.
  11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh, lewrockwell.com or his books (the Economy of Liberty foremost) are a very good read. Crazy enough, I'm living in Vienna, the city where von Mises studied and taught most of his live and I also have to order his books or books from fellow Austrians like Hoppe, Rothbard or Hülsmann via mises.org and at a very high shiping price. Nice to see that your taste isn't only a good one when it comes to basketball teams, Roscoe!