Big Trade - Pick Date

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Jul 8, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

The big Kevin Garnett trade did not happen last year until late July so there is still plenty of time and I still fully expect Dumars to pull the trigger soon.

Question is when?

When do you think it will happen? That is a trade consisting of at least 1 starter.

I predict it will happen on July 22.
  2. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

The question is not of when, but who.
  3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

No big trade coming folks.

Who is there out there left to trade for? There already has been alot of movement around the league. Philly just traded away players to clear cap space to chase Brand or Josh Smith. What are we doing?
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm with Winless. For all of Joe's talk a month ago, nothing's gonna happen. He values his starters too highly without realizing they have become de-valued over the last 3 years.
  5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The moratorium ends tommorrow. I predict shortly afterwards or at least sometime before the end of July.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Up until a couple of days ago I would have said July 9th or 10th for sure. Now I'm concerned that nothing significant will happen until mid-season. So I'll stick with by this Thursday, but if nothing gets done, I'll say mid-season.
  7. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

There won't be a huge trade.
  8. dealer7

dealer7 Second Round Draft Pick

i think there are two ways to look at what joe D meant when he said that there were no "sacred cows" and all that jazz. the first would be that he was being perfectly serious and that he truly wanted to make that epic trade that we would be talking about for years to come.

the other interpretation of his words was that it was more of a warning than a true proclamation of joe's true intentions. his philosophy has never been to overhaul a team, rather building it up piece by piece. he doesn't believe in violent shakeups and thinks that the team should always get better from developing players within the organization.

that being said, it seems rather obvious that his two philosophies of building from within and keeping a consistent solid core are causing the slow demise of this team. he's too petrified to pull the trigger on a trade involving one of his beloved, sacred starters, let alone a trade involving 2 or 3 of them. but by keeping his starters starting and his highly talented but unexperienced young players on the bench, we are setting ourselves up for declining basketball in the next couple years.

i guess the underlying message that i'm trying to relay here is that a big trade benefits us for numerous reasons: we get some returning value for aging starters, we get an influx of new talent in return for whoever we trade, and we get an opportunity to play our young talent that everyone says needs to get some experience.

but that trade's not gonna happen.
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

OK I'm sick of some of y'alls BS. Tell me who Joe was scared to move. When (this summer) was Joe scared to pull the trigger.

I love playing fake summertime GM, love goofing around on trade machine and changing the faces. I have no life so I goof around with it too much for my own good. What I 've found out, is that outside of Carmelo there is no trade to be made. No team is going to trade a young stud for our old vets, and any trade Dumars makes probably won't achieve the goal of bringing in a player with "a burning desire to win a championship". May be a deal for Iverson or Kidd brings in the player but does that really make us better seeing as how we'd have to trade 2-3 players just to make the salaries matchup??? Fact is internal growth is going to have to be our saving grace this season, heck maybe Dana Torres can inspire Sheed, Dyess and Billups to bring it as their bodies age.
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Mid-season if anything.

I'm w/ KGREG on the trade thing. There's nothing out there.

My ideal off season situation, Maggette gets a big pay day with the Dubs, Posey is offended by BOS low ball offer, and in spite signs for the MLE w/ DET who actually offers the MLE.

That to me is successful.
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I've been thinking the same thing.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Why are all the teams so fugal now? Aside from Brand and D. Williams everybodies getting MLE type money. What happened to all the $20M per contracts?
  13. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

It will be a three team block-buster between the Pistons, Clippers and Heat.

Pistons send:

Prince to Miami
    Billups to LA

Heat send:

Beasley to LA
    Quinn to Detroit

LA send:

Davis to Miami
    Giant Turd to Detroit

We move Stuck in as starting PG and plug Giant Turd in at the 3. GT can take it to the hole on O and clog the middle on D. Judging by the moves that are taking place around the league signing Giant Turd ladies and gentleman seems to be our only hope of getting back on top!
  14. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Giant Turd floats around the on the perimeter too much.
  15. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

but when he goes to the hole nobody gets in his way :MusicBigGrin:
  16. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

He usually goes to the hole for the FLUSH!

...but seriously, he doesn't look all that good on paper.