1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Biggest disappointments so far

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Nov 12, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I realize some of you may be trying to move players that have let you down and do not want to tip your hand but man-o-man some of these players have really disappointed me so far.

I traded the Cat to Max for Rafer Alston. Probably the worst move thus far this season (I am notorious for making bad trades). Jeff Van Gundy runs the ugliest offense in the West. I was counting on Alston for 6 dimes and some made 3s. Assists and 3s are two categories I wanted to dominate in. Alston has been lousy.

Ricky Davis is another player who is not having that great start. And Larry Hughes. Larry Hughes is almost as bad as Alston.

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Delonte West...MONSTER 1st two games. mediocre 3rd and bafflingly weak after that. Dan Dickau is making more asssts. West's saving grace: blocks. He gets one a game. He fits my teamsshot blocking persona.

Jamaal Tinsley: Here today, gone tomorrow. He's the marcus camby of my team. I stopped following Camby but I bet he's healthier so far.

Considering my crappy draft skills though, I think both are an improvement over Telfair. I think Himat found that out.

My two breakout players have yet to show signs of breaking out: Dwight Howard and Emeka Okafor...solid production so far but merely pedestrian overall.

3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Most of my players that were letting me down I cut them. I cut Antonio Daniels, Eric Dampier, V. Radmonvic and Danny Fortson. The most disappointing player was Antonio Daniels. I drafted him late but I thought he would be putting up better numbers especially since he is getting more playing time. I waited 4 games before moving him out because I don't like to make hasty roster changes but I had no choice his FG% and FT% was killing me. He avg. like 4 assists a game but he was not puting up a lot of points. My rule is if a guy is hurting you in more than 3 stat categories then he has to go!!! So I picked up Maurice Williams who is coming off the bench for the Bucks and has been lighting it up.

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

How long should you wait before cutting bait? I have Kwame. He sucks.

5. max

max All-Star

Point

I basically traded him since I have Iverson and do not need an extra point.

I am getting killed in that league. Not sure whats going wrong. My guys did not seem to have a lot of games this week. What can you do if your opponenets guys play more games? Kind of a jip.

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yeah i picked up telfair and i still have him i'm going to see if he does well any time soon if he doesn't he's gone.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's part of why I lost week one. Some weeks it will benefit you, others it will not. An X-factor so to speak.

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

kobe just killed my fg% he shot 7-27 against philly yesterday, he's done well for me every other game though.

9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Do you have a lot of players that are on the same team on your roster? If so this is very bad!!! This may cause you problems because if you have 3 guy's on the same team and they only play 1 game that week then you end up not having enough players playing.

10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Oh where do I start...

Dunleavy, Josh Howard, J. Terry's assists, Andre Miller's scoring, and Desmond Mason in general.

Basically, have my team is underachieving. They will eventually heat up though...I just hope that it is sooner rather than later.

11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Max (and anyone else who is making the same mistake),

Let me help you out here.

I just checked. This week I had 50 potential player games to your 47. Those figures don't take into account injuries and players that could not play due to a lack of a spot to place them in on a particular day.

A large part of your problem is that you are letting your bench players rot. If one of your starters is injured or doesn't have a game you need to put your bench player in that slot for that day!! Your bench guys (like Childress, Gordon, Atkins, Jefferson, are scoring points, assists, etc.) but you are not getting any credit for them because you are leaving positions open that can be filled. For example, in tonights game you need to put Jefferson in a spot. Simply move Bosh from the F to the PF and then place Jefferson in the pf spot you created. Simpler yet, just move Jefferson to a utility spot and leave Bosh where he is. That way instead of 4 guys playing against me tonight you will have 5. You need to set a new lineup EVERY day!!

Max...I'm going to kick myself if you overtake me in the steals dept. because of my advice. lol