Bill Davidson passes away at age 85

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 2Tough4You, Mar 13, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You talkin bout your old skool again?
  2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Is there a certain time frame within Mr Davidson's religion that made today the day for the funeral? seems yesterday or hold till after this 2 day road trip so that players and other personal could have attended the service?

Many nice comments were made at the service, and many old players showed up to show there respects. I knew he was a giving man, but after reading all the money he has given away over the years I think we can rethink him being a cheap player when it came to the players, I really think there was more to a stance that the salary cap was suppose to be observed, and he played by the rules.
  3. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

It was a great piece. Takes time to get it right, doesn't it? Those associations just keep pounding-away at you.
  4. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

Well you know Joe & Zeke are definitely still cool... If he could work with Stuck and share some of Championship caliber tutelage and HOF brilliance with the youngster that would be great. All in all I just think it's well past time for good ole Isiah Lord Thomas III to invited back home to the D! These other places like indy and nyc don't really or never did have any true love for Zeke... Detroit is the only town that actually appreciates his accomplishments and hasn't tried to veilify him every chance given. I'd luv to have Zeke working for the organization again, but the question is would he be willing to accept a position for or under his buddy Joe... Would that be a low blow to his pride or what??
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I don't recall any particular bond or friendship between Dumars and Zeke. Can you fill me in?
  6. Tyskillz

Now that is QUALITY posting right there Old Skool that you so graciously blessed us with! Just reading it brought a lil smile to my face! I'm not quite old enough to know about everything you spoke/typed about, but I feel enriched & enlightened by the trip down memory lane none the less! I sincerely THANK YOU for that great post!
  7. Tyskillz

When you win so much and been in so many vaunted battles with a guy by your side you certainly develop a comradarie & even a brotherhood of some sort to say the least. At all the ceremonies they always are happy to see each other and certainly have shared inside secrets with each other only GM's would talk about. As a matter of fact I went to the annual Pistons open practice before the season starts the very season we won the 04' Title. The open practice was @ U of D's calihan hall and Isiah was at the practice taking notes as if he were one of Larry Brown's assistant coaches. Joe was there too and he Isiah were cordial and friendly as usual. Bottom line there really is no evidence that are not friends, they have no reason to dislike each other in my book. They are hall of fame backcourt mates that have only brought to each other wealth of great memories few others can ever dream of!!!
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ur welcome Skilzz.... i got a lot of stories in me..just got to sit my butt down and type em!:smoke06:

Like I'll ne'er forget what Reggie Jackson once said to me in the RenCen:

"i dont do autographs..."'