bill simmons accuses dumars of lsd use

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by HarryFWong, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

+/- is very misleading.

Because Amir Johnson says hi.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Here is the point though. The Bulls played the Celtics just about even in the series. And since Ben Gordon was the most noticable player and was having the series of his life, you'd think that they would have done well with him on the court, but maybe would have given some of it back when he was off and resting. Just pointing out that wasn't the case.

It makes total sense that Rip's +/- numbers were bad, because we got destroyed by the Cavs and Rip played almost the entire time.
  3. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

that's not what I was saying - what I wanted to express is that you don't add a very good player if you already have a very good one who plays the exact same position unless you have some trade for the one whos already there. I know we've talked about this already over and over again.
    I somehow think JoeD tries to learn from the mistake of picking Darko - one of the main arguments back than for not taking DWade or Carmello was that the team already had decent players at their positions so he got a big since their was no Sheed yet and Big Ben was lone up front. Maybe he doesn't care any longer if the team already has good players on whatever position and just grabs the best talent available no matter what.
  4. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

simmons loves to cut dumars down. simmons thinks he's the smartest basketball mind on the planet and i think he resents the amount of admiration people have for dumars.

the pistons went to the ECF every season between 03-08. two finals appearances. a world championship over the favored lakers.

now guys like simmons (and mike valenti for that matter) want to cut dumars down while he tries to rebuild the team on the fly? maybe after 5 years of failure you can start to have a real discussion about dumars and his effectiveness as a GM, but after one season? i swear to god, i hope i'm never nit-picked so severely in anything i do during the course of my life.

yes, dumars has missed a few times. but hindsight is also 20/20. it's like criticizing your broker for not buying AIG stock earlier in the week. you just miss sometimes, no matter how talented you are at anything.

this discussion is so stupid, it really makes me want to blow my brains out.

it's like, Hey Beethoven, you really effed up with that Sixth symphony, eh? i mean your Fifth was so good, but this one...i'm a little lukeworm to it. DO BETTER BEETHOVEN. -sincerely, The Local Butcher
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well, it got you out of posting retirement, however briefly, so I'll take that.

Nice to see you CeeGriff.
  6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Note to self.

Clean spit off of screen.
  7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You are a good person.
  8. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

you're still the best, Microwave. keep up all the good work. i expect to be a little more present these days.
  9. roscoe36

I get a lot of help from my friends

There is an episode of Stargate, season 8 I think where the new team leader talks about "getting the band back together". I feel like rebuilding + Ben Wallace = more veteran fans coming out and some great discussions in the works for next season.

:)
  10. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

When stargate: worlds comes out you totally better be down with teaming up.
  11. roscoe36

I so wanted to get into that, but I don't know if my PCs are up to snuff.

If I can get a PC that will play it, I'll be your Daniel Jackson.
  12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Hopefully the developers won't have Crysis/ Lost Planet 2 type expectations as far as requirements go.