Bill Walton Anti-christ or retarded clown?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Mar 22, 2006.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

You make some good points Micro but Walton's schtick is like listening to an old LP of the Bee Gees with a scratch in it. I mean maybe the first time you heard Jive Talkin' you thought it was a good song but after it keeps getting caught on that scratch and repeating 1,000 times it's more like torture. I like Marv Albert, I don't care what he does in his free time...he's funny....but Walton is lazy.

On the other hand he is a smart guy and an interesting character. His biography Nothing but Net: Just Give Me the Ball and Get Out of the Way is one of the better basketball books I have read. After his basketball career was over his feet were so bad he could barely walk from one end of a room to another. He was cursed with injuries.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's not that part that bugs me. I even giggle sometimes. What bugs me is that he doesn't seem to have done any homework before stepping up to the mike. It's as if he doesn't even know who is playing until he sits down. I like the one-liners, but I like them backed up with some knowledge too. I mean, the man has played the game, and at a very high level and more often than not I don't hear that experience coming through.
  3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I believe it was Alexis de Tocqueville who said, If you would know America, learn pro wrestling. (Or maybe it was me.)

All the world these days is about provoking a reaction that keeps the fans swinging from one extreme to the other, and the only objective truth jingles inside a cash box. That makes Walton brother to Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, only not so funny. He knows it's all a scam and shows his contempt for all the programming gurus and producers in his ear by acting like a bombastic moron. At some point in his transition from earnest color announcer to over-the-top cartoon character, he was probably shocked to discover that people were actually buying it.

Me, I use the volume control. Works wonders.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Try PF.com game chat. That will block out anything. Between the "Yessirrrs!" and the "Ball Don't Lies", plus the frantic key pounding of the Pistons gametime elite, it's hard enough to actually watch the game, let alone listen to what the commentator has to say! ;)
  5. G-man

G-man Starter

"I wanna hear Walton mock them with no respect for himself or of his listeners because this plastic NBA, pre-fab, over-hyped, Bron vs. Melo, Wade vs. Kobe, Shaq vs. Ming crap is overdone and and I don't give a damn who is the MVP." Micro

Can't have your cake and eat it too, he's one of the common denominators in hyping all the aforementioned. He's got to be the numero uno hanger-on grasping Shaqs jock with two hands.

I don't want to be mocked because I decided to pay for the NBA package on Direct-TV, or when I watch ESPN. That's seems like a really cynical approach to sitting down and watching a good basketball game, (I hope I'm not being charged too much extra to be insulted).

And it has nothing to do with whining about brawl responsibility, we all know who was responsible for the brawl. It certainly wasn't the city of Detroit. Nor was it the Pistons. He doesn't earn $200 and free "get out of jail free card" for displaying his willingness to pile on the community. I don't remember any sly wit for the exceptionally hip being involved in that process.

I'm guessing some of you guys in Detroit probably weren't listening the latest ESPN broadcast due to your ability to get the local feed?
  6. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

Bill Walton is a retarted clown. :nod:
  7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

that's a slap in the face to all mentally challenged humor engineers out there. :caked:
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Listen, If U havent Met Bill Walton "Shut up!!!!" I met him here in Houston and it wasnt 'Walton-the announcer' it was Walton, who led the Blazers passed the greatest team ever-The Sixers! He was so cool..we talked about present rock vs, the 60's rock and he signed my Pistons poster because he cant say how much they remind him of their MoLucas Blazers( they didnt have the 3 then). on TV.I like Bill...I cant hear him On Tv, but Bill can always come 2 my house! And if u dont know "TRuckin" , then u too young too know, my bruddahs!!!:yo:
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I'm not feelin' the love. :confused:
  10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

U would..."if u met Him!" Trust me, I wouldnt lie 2 u!!!
  11. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Walton does excessively jock Shaq, but there is a rare legitimate principle involved there. He truly loves big men, and O'Neal is currently one of the few of his kind. He wasn't that bad back when there were more than two legit centers in the NBA and Hakeem owned Shaq.

The vast majority of his other proclamations and pronouncements are just silly, and taking affront means you're taking them too seriously. I feel much more insulted every time I watch an FSN broadcast and McLeod is doing his borderline psychotic schtick. That's where the mute button comes out permanently.

LanierFan is spot on.:amen:
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Bill Walton jock sniffing-------- 30 points

Getting close enough to Bill W to "feel his disease" ------ 100 points

:yo: we all feel for you. But you have to want to be cured. We can put you in a 12 step program. With lots of moral support. You can be like the rest of us.
  13. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Bill is the retarded clown. He's definitely no antichrist. The anitichrist is going to be extremely charismatic and have everyone eating out of his hand. Hardly a description of our "friend" Bill.
  14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Since when did this web site become a Christian fundamentalmist website. Personally I am offended by referring to a great athletic or any human being for that matter by that term.
  15. G-man

G-man Starter

Not a religious website...

Go figure - you do sign on as "Buddahfan"...:)

(my advice would'a been don't read the thread, but I see you already did - again- go figure)
  16. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I'm a little confused. If I've understood you correctly, you are offended by the use of the term "anti-christ" to refer to any human being.

But what I don't understand is your initial reference to the site as a "Christian fundamentalist website". It seems to me that if the site were Christian fundamentalist then the last thing that anybody would be throwing around in jest would be the term "anti-christ"...in my experience, the term "anti-christ" (as a reference to a disliked person) is usually used as a kind of hyperbole by people who really have no real investment in religious matters one way or another.

Anyway, I am sorry you felt offended, and it might not make a difference, but I feel pretty certain that nobody using the term on the site intended it as a slight or an offense to anyone's religious beliefs (or to the lack thereof, as the case may be).
  17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I would use anti-christ as a slight to someone's religious beliefs.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Retarded Christ-Clown could be considered offensive, so I'm glad nobody used that combination.
  19. G-man

G-man Starter

If embracing political correctness is the on-point mission, where's the love for all those retarded circus clowns? You can't paint a happy face on a frowning retarded clown?

You know why I don't like clowns? Cause I don't want to spend my time hanging out with anybody thats wearing big red floppy shoes. Or sit in the bar watching a game with a guy that squeezes a 'beep' 'beep' out'a his schnozz each time my team scores.

But it's not just the retarded ones, it's the creepy ones too. Here's a website filled with Waltons extended family that's bound to send shivers through your timbers..

http://www.creepyclown.com/

But I do wonder if "in the name of political correctness" I couldn't have been more discerning in the use of the word "clown". There may well be some very talented retarded clowns out there dropping juggling pins as I write this.

To them I say, "stop the damn juggling you retarded clown before you hurt someone!"

Now - before any clown worshippers pop up from the rear seats of their sacred little clown cars, I will rectify the situation by saying I now think of Walton as a "Ass Clown".

There it is - before some new pasty-faced poster named "Milky-Go-Pistons" can check in to slap my hands, recognize that I have thoughtfully and sensitively separated "retard" from "clown", (in lieu of my new, just discovered Ass Clown definitions).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ass+clown

Personally, I think #'s 3,4,5,7,8 and 9 all work in unison with the name Bill Walton, (#1 was a toss-up, but in the spirit of room sensitivity I didn't want to appear too hard on the guy :eyebrows: )
  20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Personally, I'd opt for #14 -
    Someone who wastes the time of two or more people due to his or her inability to see what is obvious to the other two.