Billups for Andre Miller

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Oct 23, 2006.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Does CB look inspired this season? Maybe Joe D will pull a trade before the season start or before the trade deadline.

The likeliest players that are ripe for trading are CB, Delfino or Sheed. I certainly hope it's not Sheed.

The one concern that I do have with the exception of Sheed, Jmax and Dale Davis, there is no brute force in the paint that opposing players think twice before entering the zone.

We may be a little weak and come off like wussess. Now if we had a player like Nene that would be some kinda nice then throw in Andre Miller. We would have to trade -----------,(blank) --------------(blank and maybe -------------- (blank). I intentionally left the names blank so my fellow forumites cane fill in at their leisure.

Yes Roscoe, remember the question you asked me last night on pistons chat line (no you silly billy, not the marriage proposal) LOL. You asked would I trade CB for andre Miller, I say in a New York minute.

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

CB and Delfino will get you Miller (at least legally under the salary cap rules). What you lose is any sort of three point shooting from the PG spot. Miller is a career 21% three shooter with a percentage that has fallen for years.

I get that you get penetration and some more rebounding, though I'm not sure how much defensive umph there is there. I think I'd rather try to get CB to penetrate more than rely on teaching Andre to shoot.

3. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

Billups for Miller........:yellowprison:

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The catch is that you get younger and avoid the risk of losing Billups for nothing in free agency.

I'm a big proponent of Flip's system making guards more efficient. Andre Miller could be another hidden gem.

5. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Andre Miller has never won squat.

Why trade a winner for a loser?

Dumars is too smart for that.

6. max

max All-Star

Have to say no to that deal. Miller racks up assists somehow but is not really a point guard. He is more like a shooting guard.

I like our 4 starters and hope we can keep them all around. A productive bench is going to make all the difference this season.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I watched the Denver team for a few years. Andre Miller is a fine point guard indeed. But no where near as good as CB. CB defends far better, is far more capable at posting up, and nails treys all day long. Andre Miller does not shoot threes. Huge talent difference. Lets hope somehow we keep CB, cause believe me, whoever we get, we will find him way lacking when comparing to CB.

8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Roscoe brought up the most important factor... is Chauncey looking for a long term deal here or is he thinking of opting out for a team (say where his family lives) with $'s... before we say that Denver can't afford CB we should think about the forced sign and trade scenarios... it's something Joe has to consider whether he wants to or not.

From a talent for talent perspective Miller is much better at getting inside.. he's comfortable at scoring and dishing off balance.
    As mentioned CB is tougher and more consistent from outside... the strange thing about Chauncey is that his 3pt shooting closely reflects his overall shooting %.
    Bottom line is the team would get better in the paint and worse from the perimeter... overall team balance?
    There's no reason for Chauncey not to be more of a force posting up. That's annoying when you know you have a clear advantage and you don't take advantage of it.

9. roscoe36

Merc's got it. I am by no means advocating Miller as a better overall player. But faced with Lindsey Hunter, Flip Murray or Will Blalock as our starting PG, losing Billups for nothing could cripple this franchise for a long time.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

CB is more valuable than Miller in my opinion too. If we have to deal with Denver, send Delfino and McDyess back there for Nene and Boykins and maybe Reggie Evans for that extra rebound presence but leave CB here and see if he can get this team recharged for one more run before he seeks the big payday. It is a contract year, so he has to to impress someteam if not the Pistons..

11. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Whoa...sometimes I worry about you. Miller is 30 years old, 20 pounds overweight this year and losing skills fast. Denver's PG are a mess which means....

12. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

That`s my beef with Chauncey. He can post up and penetrate almost at will if he wants to. He was much more agressive during the championship season. Not to mention he shoots FT in the 90% range.

C`mon CB get to the line more this year....Please......

13. roscoe36

I stand corrected. Miller is 6 months older than Billups give or take a couple months.

14. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

If we trade CB for Andre Miller than we better get some draft picks in it because it's gonna be time for rebuilding.

15. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Age aside, if we want to be a better offensive team and run a system that requires great PG play, you take Miller over Billups. Billups is a better player, Miller is a smarter PG. Let's you force more of the scoring on Tay anyways, and Miller will come cheaper.

If this is done, I'd say it has to be a sign-and-trade in which we get a decent rotation player back. Miller's not thought that highly of there, no?

16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've noticed that before and it does seem strange.

Last year: 2% - .413 / 3% - .426
    Prior year: 2% - .451 / 3% - .433

There are few players with as many shots who have such a small gap. Could be a couple of things...

- CB is an incredibly consistent shooter from half court on in

- Most guards get a reasonable number of high percentage shots from drives, breaks, etc. and that drives up their two point shooting. CB doesn't drive and doesn't run on the break.

17. roscoe36

Ding, ding, ding!

18. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

This would be a desperation move - if we thought we'd lose CB for nothing next summer. It certainly doesn't make our team better.

Andre Miller isn't half the athlete CB is. We need more athletes that can make plays on the offensive end and harrass great offensive players on the defensive end. The "change of pace" guard that Joe's looking for is quicker than CB, not slower.

19. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Point being, I truly believe that CB will walk after the season. I would certainly hate to get caught with our pants down.

Joe has to stay all over this, just think, if CB walks, we may end up with someone we really don't want just for the sake of attaining a PG. I would much rather be proactive rather than reactive.

I think that CB would love to play in Denver his home town, he helped win a championship for us, if at all possible lets trade him to Denver if he plans to leave, this year rather than next year. I

If not Andre Miller, then Earl the Pearl or someone else on the Denver squad or maybe a three team deal.

20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

billups for deron williams.