Billups Groin Strain

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Mar 17, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I did not see the game and have not heard how serious this injury is.

If this a type 3 strain he could be out a fairly long time, maybe even up until the playoffs.

I sure hope that this is a mild strain and that he doesn't come back too soon and aggravate it before it is healed or it could become a big problem with the playoffs less than 5 weeks away.

For my money I would have preferred a loss tonight rather than this injury, unless it is a very mild strain and Billups only misses a few games at the most.

Flip had one great night like he is capable of, but I guarantee he will fall back into his career pattern of shooting 40%. Hopefully he can stay on the bench except when he is really needed.

The Pistons got lucky tonight, with Hunter being suspended, otherwise I doubt that Flip plays more than 5 minutes.

I am very glad that they got lucky, but I would feel a lot more comfortable about our chances of winning the title with C-Bill and Hunter back with Flip playing behind them.

:hoops:
  2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I hear ya, Buddha, but I think the Pistons had more going for them tonight than just the insanely great game from Flip Jr. They really managed to shut the Suns down whenever Nash wasn't in the game.

But, we certainly need Billups to get well soon.
  3. buddahfan

People who haven't seen it before are now starting to see what the Pistons are capable of. C-Webb has really improved this team just like Sheed did the year the Pistons won the title.

I really think that if everyone is healthy come playoff time and stays healthy throughout the playoffs that this team can win it all.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just think if we had been able to convince Eddie Jones to come to Motown afte the grizz let him go, we'd be set...who knew he still had it in him??...I guess Pat Riley
  5. buddahfan

How many other guys can say that they lost their starting job to Obie-Wan.

6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

McCoskey on Chauncey--apparently he'd been sore for a couple of weeks before this:
  7. buddahfan

I think Flipper will get another chance to light up the court come Sunday. Hopefully he will get the job done.

Interestingly enough a groin strain results from weak adductor muscles. I did not see the play on which it happened by guess it got aggravated to the point where he had to come out as a result of a "jab step".

There a specific exercises to strengthen the adductor muscles and minimize the risk of groin strains. However, the jab step puts serious stress on the adductor muscles and as you get older the risk of a groin strain resulting from a jab step increases.

8. max

max All-Star

I knew something was up. Did not look like he did much to throw it out.