1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Billups Interview on 1270

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Craig, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Craig

Craig Second Round Draft Pick

I don't know if anyone caught the interview on with Terry and Mike, but if they didn't, please try to grab an audio copy of it somewhere, anywhere.

Chauncey gave enough quotes in the 10 minutes he was on the air to fill the Detroit news for well over a month. He stepped up and accused Larry Brown of, and I quote, "Ruining that kid, man..." in reference to you know who...

He pulled 0 punches. Pretty shocking to hear an athlete not give the standard company lines!

2. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Anybody else...

catch that interview?

3. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

CB on LB

From a poster on mlive: "Chauncey was just on 1270 saying Darko has unbelievable talent. He says Darko never smiles on the court and that LB tore his confidence up and beat him up too much."

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If anyone can provide a media file of that interview, I would be happy to host it...

5. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

WHOA!!!!! That is no doubt a juicy scoop dude, I've just got to hear it for myself. Somebody get that audio file to share with your Pistons fans bretheren! BTW fellas our international Piston buddy/correspondent Massimo stated that Joe D and J. Hammond were at Darko's most recent game and by their mere arrival he played very nervously and out of sync. DMC has got to suck it up already, I think he even mentioned how young Darko tried to inbound the ball in the midst of the other team shooting free throws!!! The kid's got to settle down and get his mind right, sheesh...!

6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I hope it's true

If this is true, it is very encouraging news for the Pistons. Whether you liked Brown, disliked him, or were neutral, I think you gotta love this if you are a PISTONS fan because it means that Darko still could be really good. I would love to hear that interview.

Nice forum Microwave!

7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Billups

I might have to re-evaluate how I feel about Brown. Still think he's a great coach but from what Billups said, he's not the best coach to harness young talent. All the Darko lovers will be on here soon to tell us all they told us so. I have more faith in Billups then Brown so if this becomes a "he said, he said" situation, I'm trusting C-Note on this one.

8. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

I'm wondering what he said that wasn't Darko related?

9. legend71

legend71 Second Round Draft Pick

I would love to hear that interview. It sucks living in Columbus, Ohio for sports. All you get is Buckeye %%%% all day long. I can get 760 down here, but what good is that?

10. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Go to www.radiomat.com. You'll find that 1270 is #26 on the list of stations you can listen to. Knowing how radio guys love to recycle interviews, you'll probably hear the Chauncey interview soon.

11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Very Interesting

I would love to hear that straight from the horses mouth...

I really hope someone can get a copy of that i-view.

...or at least, if you heard it, give us some specific comments (not paraphrased).

12. max

max All-Star

Nice

Can carry a thread without getting drown out.

13. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I would love to listen to that Billups Interview. The players were too quiet about the whole LB issue. I am glad someone is letting LB have it!!
    Ecouraging news about Darko. Hopefully he can gain some confidence and show something next season.

14. NYCpistonfan

NYCpistonfan Second Round Draft Pick

good way to get Darko off

if i was Flip/Dumars I let Darko start the first game we play against the Knicks..... maybe that would get his blood going and give him something to look forward to. : )

( hope some one can post the interview )

15. Big C

Big C First Round Draft Pick

billups interview

I wonder if any of the players let it be known that Darko should be playing ala Big Ben when D Ham was on inj reserve, but just outright outhustling everyone in practices and Ben let it be known he should be playing.

16. Craig

Craig Second Round Draft Pick

I'm suprised 1270 hasn't posted it yet. and NYCpistonfan, I was actually thinking the same exact thing! Either start him or bring him in as the first big man off the bench. He needs 20 solid minutes a game I think to really boost his confidence. Hopefully Flip can put a smile on his face - another point Chauncey made (Darko never smiled).

17. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

i only heard clips in repeat but was also surprised by how candid chauncey was.

p.s.
    great job microwave and mods!

18. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I wonder . . .

. . . if this interview will be posted on the Official Piston Site :doh: .

Not hardly, but I wonder how JD feels about it. Do the other posters think that this was known throughout the Piston organization while it was happening?

I hope Flip and DMC get off to a better start. They will SURELY get off to a better start. Another reason to anticipate the beginning of the season.

I know I can't wait:frusty: !!

19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Lazy

Ok, first my disclaimer: I haven't heard the interview yet and I am chomping at the bit to hear it. Anything I say here is under the assumption that people on the forum correctly paraphrased Chauncey and that Chauncey's perception of the situation was accurate. Personally, I think we will find that yes, Chauncey said it, and yes, Chauncey was accurate in his assessment of the situation.

So yeah...how in the world could they not know what was going on. I'm sure management frequently dropped in at practices and you know the players were "gossipping" about it amongst their inner circles. Half of the people on this forum suspected it. How could the upper brass be blind to it? I'm sure it ticked them off, but they probably figured if Larry could help bring championships without Darko then they would accept it. But when the Pistons lost without Darko, they probably were thinking differently. At any rate, I'm sure Joe Dumars would say that regardless (or irregardless...does that inside joke transfer to this forum?) of what they thought...he DID know about it. Does much go on in your workplace that you don't know about? Probably not.

As an aside, I know a lot of people speculated that Hunter was Dumar's "spy" (I think that's an unfair term) in the locker room. But didn't Chauncey, (according to Ian Thomsen...was that his name???) make some statements about Brown to Dumars while in his office during the playoffs? Well, I never cared for Brown anyhow. But honestly, while I did very much want to see Darko play, I accepted it because the Pistons were so successful without him. Like you, I can't wait to see this team play.

20. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

maybe chauncey is trying to help give darko some of his confidence back at the expense of the now-departed LB.

nice ploy if it is. well i guess starbury will be the ultimate test of LB's abilities of turning a shooting PG into a passing PG. Chauncey will seem like a piece of cake compared to Me-bury.