Billups Webber problem

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Buckeyes#1, Apr 3, 2007.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'm looking forward to reports of fist fights at practice. It worked for the Bad Boys. :gun1:
    ----
    Yeah and then they broke up.
    I believe we mentioned this minor issue earlier, the media stole it from us. More asissts make us more diverse, they better pay attention or balls will be bouncing off your chest like when CB gave Webb a behind the back pass against the Heat. Hopefully it doesn't get as bad as with BBeen.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Having strong leadership is huge this time of year. Nice to see CB stepping up. I'm not sure if he needs to go hold a press conference and tell everyone about his half-time speech, but it's a start...
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'd rather see Chauncey do this than revert to his complacent swaggering. He had something on his nose during last night's interview and I think Eli should have said something.
  4. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

Is Webber pouting?

Chris Webber reportedly told The New York Post on Monday that he could see himself retiring if he wins his first NBA title with the Pistons this June.

The paper also reports that a source close to Webber said he would consider signing with the Knicks in the offseason if he doesn't win the title. Webber also reportedly revealed last night that he tried to force a trade last summer to New York.
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

^

To me, it definately seems like pouting. CB has totally taken over, and Webber seems to have gone from a focal point to an afterthought on offense. He doesn't finish games anymore. I wish they could've struck some sort of balance although if Chauncey can keep up the way he's playing lately, it might not matter.

I read somewhere that Joe D said they were limiting Webber's touches and min so that he wouldn't be worn down heading into the playoffs. That could be an alternate reason . . ..
  6. BillLaimbeer

Webber never said he was considering to sign with the Knicks this offseason. Read the article that you are referring to.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

8. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

When C-Bill is aggressive and his shooting is on like it was tonight he is one of the top five a guards in the game in my opinion.

:hoops:
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That's not good enough Buddha. Top 2 or 3 especially when you consider total wins. Or playoff success.
  10. BillLaimbeer

There are a lot of pretty good guards in this league (Kobe, AI, Wade, Redd, Arenas, Nash, Allen, Carter, Kidd, etc.). If you were picking up teams for a 48-minute game, Billups is probably not even one of the top ten guards. If it was coming down to a last second shot to win the game, Chauncey is as good or better as any of these guys.
  11. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I agree Bill there is no other guard in the league i would rather have with the ball in his hands in the clutch except maybe wade because he can get inside the lane and draw fouls with ease (superstar calls). We all need to please note that only c-bill and wade have won a title. So in saying that I would take either one of those two to decide a ball game.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

We're talking Point Guard. Court General, ball distributor, assist man and lastly scorer and rebounder. You don't compare Kobe to CB. Compare Kobe to Rip, Shooting Guard.
  13. BillLaimbeer

Now you are talking about a different story. Initially, we were responding to this statement by Buddhafan:

"When C-Bill is aggressive and his shooting is on like it was tonight he is one of the top five a guards in the game in my opinion."
  14. Jeric07

Jeric07 Second Round Draft Pick

No problem.......Webber will be HUGH against Cleveland or Chicago if we face them in the playoffs...and the media KNOWS this...the media is seeing how tough the Pistons are going to be..and that they dont have that "superstar" name like 'Bron or Wade so they are trying to start something so they can stay out of Detroit come June!:gun1:
  15. BillLaimbeer

I hope so, because we all know Hugh is unstoppable!!
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Welcome to the forums Jeric07. Don't mind BillLaimbeer. He's cranky ever since they made him coach the Ladies team. :)
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]

Somebody stopped him. (I wonder what his nickname was in the cell that night.)