Billups Worst Ever Performance-- 4 Q, Last Night

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Robert Michael, May 18, 2006.

1. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

Chauncey killed us last night. He could not do anything right. For him to say after the game he is not worried, is very troubling. His O foul was easily preventable. The foul on Jones 3 was laughably bad. He was sloppy with the ball causing a TO on a drive. Four quick 4q fouls that killed us. he was freaking horrible in crunch time. nothing smooth about his game last night. I was glad he fouled out. He was awful.

i've been a huge fan of his since he became a Piston, but something lately has really been bothering me about him. his comment about voting for himself for MVP shows no class, and it is a direct slap in the face to Ben and Rip, who arguably have as many MVP nights as Chauncey. His comment about part of Ben's DPOY being his was also classless. Don't think that doesn't register with Ben. Billups has been horrible at keeping guys in front of him ,and he wants credit for Ben's D help. Come on. That is unreal.

He has been the exact opposite sort of person this year than Joe D would be in a similar circumstance, and his performance tells me that he thinks he is so good he can just show up and have the other team bow down to him. He is the poster child for the Entitled Piston. I don't like it one bit.

I am starting to wonder how AI would look with this team. Billups better get his stuff together because I know Joe D tried once before to pull the trigger on an AI trade. This playoff meltdown is very Stackhousian, and Billups could be the next player on his way out of town. After all, he is the self-proclaimed MVP. If we fold early, he has to take the blame more than anyone else. Can't have it both ways.
  2. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

I agree, chauncey has choked his way through the playoffs. I thought he was the most indispensable player for this team, but now he could be the first to go. His style and personality fits perfectly with flip, footloose and fancy free is great for the regular season, as chauncey has a career year. But he got so overconfident and cocky from the reg season he seems to have forgotten most of what larry brown taught him.

A guy like that needs to be kicked in the ass constantly, larry brown did it and made chauncey an mvp, flip can't do it.
  3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I agree, if he doesn't do something big in game 6 and help this team get a W, he should be the first of the players to consider trading if that's the route Joe is going to take (Starting lineup shake-up). His head has grown a little too big for my liking. His value has never been higher (Hopefully some GMs are buying the MVP hype), and he's going to be looking for ridiculous money a little over a year from now.
  4. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

With all due respect to Chauncey and what he did for us to win a title he has been very overrated since then. Look at his stats through the years. This is his first season of averging over 6 assists. Now granted he wasn't really given a chance to shine the years before that but this was also partially his fault. He didn't step up and prove to anyone he could do anything.
  5. speilman54

speilman54 Second Round Draft Pick

I have to agree with you guys which really pains me because he is one of my favorites. Last night after he fouled out and was sitting there with that towel on his head and that smirk on his face I had to wondering just what the hell was going through his head. I still have hope that he will get his head out of his butt, play tough, get his points and get everyone involved in the offense.
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

CB neds to penetrate and draw fouls when appropriate. What good is being one of the top FT shooters in the league if you only go to the FT line a few times a game.

It is not one of his strengths to create his own shot, however at times he can break down a defense and get to the basket. Damon Jones or Snow should not be able to stop CB from penetrating.

A point guard should lead, and when CB starts hoisting up ill advised 3`s Sheed will soon follow with a few of his own. Billups should demand Sheed get on the block, or don`t give him the ball, when the game dictates it.

I shutter everytime CB leads a break, you almost want to close your eyes and listen instead of watching because it`s not always a pretty sight.

I believe CB and the rest of the Pistons will rebound and play better in game 6, is it good enough to overcome the crowd, the refs, and their own egos. We will soon see.
  7. Robert Michael

I am remembering game 7 last year when Billups failed to show up. He has been underachieving in critical games far too often to be any sort of MVP. He better get his act together in a hurry.

This team has the ability to get it done, but Billups needs to get his head out of the clouds and start making plays.

I'd love to post another thread on how Billups stepped up his game and led us to the Finals and another MVP for his trophy case. There is a lot of air between here and there, however.

GO PISTONS!
  8. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

[​IMG]
  9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Chauncey's been fairly steady all year... low t.o's high assist... deadly outside shot... willing and able to take games over when others shy away.
    Yep, he's had a rough series... he's also had a couple good games.

There's a reason several considered him MVP caliber.... as long as he reverts back to his game we'll be fine...
    Snow has always played Chauncey tough.
  10. Robert Michael

He has the talent to do it. He's done it before. He is clutch, usually. Where are you, MR. SMOOTH?
  11. Robert Michael

so far today, Billups is really underachieving... AGAIN. I am bummed. Is he hurt?

3Q and he isn't shooting or being agressive at all, just dribbles the clock out at the top of the key to dump it off to a covered wing player... repeat.

Killing me.
  12. Robert Michael

billups is stepping it up. CLUTCH!
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Did you see that basket that got us up 4? BIG SHOT is back!:nod:
  14. Robert Michael

AMAZING 4Q for Chauncey. A complete turn around. Thank God. Welcome back, Billups. I hope you stick around for game 7. GO PISTONS!