1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Bismack Biyombe Anyone??????

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Apr 15, 2011.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think the first time Joe saw Darko was during the 2003 ECF with the Nets and they were trying to avoid getting swept. The hype was already there and our scouting punked Joe and all other GM's into the hoopla and as soon as we secured the second pick, we fell for it. If we had gotten the 6th pick, Chris Kaman would still be our starting center today and could have played a part in beating either the Heat, Cavs or Celtics and at least getting to the finals at least one time with Flipper..

As far as the Bismark being to raw, some Piston scout should have 24 hour Earth Cam on him for the next few weeks leading up the draft so that the Piston brain trust can see if he is worthy of # 7 or should they go with someone else.. :sssh:

2. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Then I guess none other than Tony Ronzone did all the punking. Tony knew international talent (and still does), but JD failed at the gut-professional level. The level of international talent is now more exposed and very little slippage gets by. This is especially true for the current contract that may end in a lockout. Combined with a weak draft, shortened contract player terms, and massive player movements, all but guaranteed...can work in favor of the big men. This is the best year, in a long time, for quality big man talent and most all of it from overseas.

Even if I had the number one choice, it would not be on a guard. Leave that for the class of 2012.

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bismack, Monroe, Jerebko has potential for a decent frontcourt. They would still need to find a PG and ship out some of the extraneous pieces.

4. pass99

Perhaps the most ironic thing about this years player placement is that from the pick of 11 going back to say, 40, is not going back-wards and just as solid as those in-between.

JD needs to pick a big at seven. Here you will have some talent to work with Monroe. Get a coach that understands this and you should have a winning hand with another big at 33. It will only be a few inches shorter, but there is some very good hidden talent at the 6-8 and 6-9... gems that might drop to this number. This latter position will be at the 3 position, which is a sleeping-bear desert drift on this team.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What about Austin Daye. Isn't he our SF of the future?

6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Not just Ronzone.

Venerable Will Robinson was the one that punked the majority of us.
    The same guy that plucked Rodman and Dumars himself from near anonymity was yelling "Jackpot!"...comparing DM to a "young Wilt"...saying he'd "own the game", no one will be able to guard him, we're going to have to build a new arena and such.

7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I kinda like Kanter but Bismack, while raw, compliments this team rather well. We suck at rebounding and sign guys who suck at rebounding. It would be great to have another Ben Wallace waiting in the wings.

8. pass99

You must be joking.

9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Why? Isn't he Tayshaun 2.0?

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:thumb:

11. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

He's Dirk 2.0.

12. pass99

Your tag line missed Irving Goffman.

13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I can understand the skeptical views on Biyombo... however it's slim pickins at #7... a bottom 5 team defense has to be considered a priority... any player hinting at Ben's potential needs a serious look.
    I like the idea of Ibaka mentoring this kid...
    Unless we win the lotto we should eliminate Kanter and the other consensus top three picks.

14. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. I think we got a little lucky with Monroe in that he is a future starter, but with this year's draft class you either take a flier on someone boom or bust, or settle for a potential role player off the bench. I think Biyombo could be that guy, giving you 15-20 mins of solid disruptive defense.

15. davidsok

davidsok Second Round Draft Pick

I hope Biyombe comes to Detroit. He's exactly what this team needs. This guy has a huge arm span and is a deadly defender and a rebounder. With this guy in the paint with Monroe, our 2-guard/point guard Stuckey should be able to handle the plays quite nicely. In the other hand, we can also put Stuckey in shooting guard to get a solid point guard, someone like Chauncey. It's pretty obvious that Prince and Rip won't be with us by next season. But that's just me.

What's wrong with giving expectations to Daye? The guy actually has potential. He just couldn't show it majority of the time because of our coach's weird rotations.

16. pass99

Slightly less athletic than CV and I am reaching some. Stick him at 4 off the bench. No big deal.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

CV and his cement moon boots.

18. davidsok

I'm okay with Daye as 4, but just saying, Daye can actually produce some offense on court as a starter. The guy hasn't even reached his 5th year yet. He's increasing his value each season from Day 1.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How come everytime I see this thread pop-up, I think of this guy

[​IMG]

20. davidsok

LOL! Biz Markie FTW!