1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Blalock and Johnson to the D-league?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Nov 21, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Here is the Sioux Falls roster...

NBA Development League: ROSTER

I don't see ANY T-Wolves or Pistons in that lineup. Strangely enough, Frank Williams is on the roster after missing the Pistons lineup in the Summer League.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Can the Pistons just ship them to Sioux Falls whenever they wish? I know there is a limit on how many times they can go down and back up to Detroit, but I'm not sure how much advance warning the Pistons need to give to ship guys to the NBDL...

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

They can be sent down three times per year... this is the last year that Amir or Jmax can be sent.

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

If Blalock, Amir, and/or JMax get sent down...who fills the vacant roster spots?

5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

They'll still count as a roster spot

6. roscoe36

I don't like that we are only carrying 14 men, because it really shortens the bench to send 2 guys down at the same time.

I read a rumour from someone who claims to have met AJ at a Pistons function, and he wasn't interested in going down to the minors again.

And yet, barring a trade this season, I don't see Amir getting much if any real opportunity at playing time.

I can't speak much on Blalock, all I saw was SL and some preseason, but Johnson has enormous talent. Almost everytime he gets an opportunity (more than 4 minutes), he produces.

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

It doesn't make much sense...I think the Suns are the only other team that is carrying 14. Seems like Joe is short-changing himself and the team

Amir should be getting regular PT...but Blalock should be sent down. Do Joe and Flip expect the allstars to rub off on the young guys in practice alone? Little gametime is not helping them at all.

This team has kinda fallen apart...still good enough to make the playoffs...but nothing like what it has been since we got Sheed.

IMO...the Pistons should be gunning for the 6th seed in the east...and be playing the young guys A LOT. And I want to see Davis getting minutes come late January.

The current bench use is a recipe for disaster come playoff time.

8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

That spot is open for the flexibility for a 2 for 1 trade. Its not like we'll ever use the bench guys enough to warrant another ass in that spot.

9. detteam

detteam All-Star

Our '1' can only be one of four guys...CB on the block?

10. roscoe36

Let's pray there are no injuries slip. One or two guys get gimped up, and spots 13 and 14 become relevant, not just for depth but quality.

11. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

It seems very likely that an injury or two is the only way our young-uns will get real burn / evaluation. I just hope these acts of desperation happen early enough for a full recovery by the core guy.

12. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I don't doubt the talent level on this team...only its maturity. This team will be paying for its successes if it hasn't already. Let's hope that when we look at what we got in return, we will be satisfied with that. Several ECC's and a title isn't too shabby really.