Blockbuster Trade Will Happen After The Olympics

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Aug 17, 2008.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I read somewhere, wish that I could remember the article. But the writer went on to say that David Stern received a commitment from teams that they would not trade anyone on the Olympic team until after the games are over.

Wide speculation is that Joe will borker a big trade after the Olympics which leads me to believe that the trade piece(s )are playing in the Olympics.

I kind of vacillate back and forth with this whole trade business, however, I believe that Joe will not go forward with this team as it stands now.

I hate to say it, but I sort of think that AJ or Max will be part of a bigger trade with one of our starters.

I have finally come to the realization that a bigtrade will be made.
  2. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

I still don't think a trade's going to happen soon, but Tayshaun's the one I want gone. Dude's overrated.
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I have to say, what we have on or roster now will be there at the start of this season. Now, that doesn`t mean something will not happen before the trade deadline. IMO, if something is going to happen it will happen during the season.

Who knows, this may have been Joe`s plan form last year; threaten the entire roster, fire Flip and light a fire under everyones arse.

Then when everybody steps up their game for different reasons, (I don`t want to get traded, Flip`s gone, I finally can get PT) the trade value goes up for player, then Joe pulls the trigger.

Wow, he is a genius!!!!!
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know of a fire big enough to overcome some of philosophical concepts that these guys were saddled with. (When the subset and frequent patterns of the axis merge the resulting seeds are often undesired.)

Why would you get fined 25k or whatever if you didn't care. Why would you be seen tossing your shirt off the wall and hitting one of your coaches in the head if you were just cashing checks?
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm with you. There won't be a trade. As for Tay, if he plays like a sissy, Curry will probably tell him he's playing like a sissy.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Tay is the best Glue Guy in the league, but that don't mean squat when what you're glueing together isn't very good.
  7. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I don't want to hear about Tay being a glue guy....unless it's in the sense of Tay being like a horse, and we need some glue... right now.

Bye-bye Tay.
  8. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Looks, smells, walks, and talks like a giant tease (this rumor).

I guess these reporters need to find something to fabricate in these slow summer months.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

He's often glued to the floor when his man goes by him. The ball is often glued to his hands as the shot clock winds down.
  10. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

CB for Chris Paul or Deron Williams? Tay for LeBron or Melo? Dyess for Dwight or Bosh? (I can dream....)
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wonder how Tay would do on a crappy team in which he wouldn't be allowed to defer to teammates. I think he could be an All-Star in the right situation.
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star

I agree. I think that the Pistons would really miss all the things that Tay does well. Much like Ben Wallace, he doesn't put up gaudy stats, but definitely contributes to the winning.
  13. max

max All-Star

My thoughts exactly.

There is something to be said though of not making a bad trade. Larry Bird broke up his core and look where it got him and the Pacers. So definetly don't want the wrong deal just to deal.

There does have to be something out there eventually, one would think anyway.

I am in the camp that thinks these guys will not change. They will always talk the talk but will not sustain it.
  14. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

I know I'll get a lot of flak from this but I'll say it, I don't think trading Tay will solve the Pistons problems.

Look at it this way, you have Chauncey, Rip, Tay, Sheed, and Dyess. If we trade Tay that leaves Chauncey, Rip, Sheed, Dyess and the new guy. I don't think we can get anybody of the same value as Tay so the new guy will be some up and coming kid, or another grizzled veteran. I don't think there is anybody out there that fits the bill and that fits into what the Pistons want.

And trading Tay will not correct any of that malaise or that sense of comfort that these guys enjoy.

Which will light a fire under these guys? Trading Tay? With Chauncey, Rip and Sheed still there? I don't think so.

Trading Chauncey will get that reaction. It will break up that familiar Rip/Chauncey backcourt and entrench Stuckey, Sheed's always been a smart guy so he'll get the message. It will drive Dyess mad, but he'll have to win that ring without his buddy.

Trading timid Tay won't exactly be the most motivating thing to do, IMO.

But for what it's worth, I think there won't be anything done soon.

GO Pistons
  15. detteam

detteam All-Star

Tay ain't nuthin like Ben. He's more like the anti-Ben. Watch him unassumingly revel in his Gold after the games...while he did pretty much nuthin to earn it. Tay is by-far the most over-rated & over-paid Piston.

I hope AG is right about the post-games blockbuster :)
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Some might argue that Tay is the most under-rated and under-paid Piston. He only made $1 million per year when he helped the Pistons reach two NBA Finals.

He has started every game 4 consecutive seasons. He has been 2nd team All-NBA Defense 4 consecutive seasons. He has been in the top 10 in the NBA over the past 3 seasons in lowest turnover percentage.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would be one to argue that for example. Tay's the man. Why do you think they wanted him on the Olympic team anyway?
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Tay is very underappreciated. I can't understand how nobodies on our team get more props than guys who have performed on every level. Get an XBOX or buy a Wii if you're bored with your old toys, please cut it out with this fan malaise act. It got old about a month ago.
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Hardly.

Believe it or not, I used to like Tay...but that changed during the 07 ECF when he lost the Piston DNA credentials I had granted him. I have no desire to see a possible three-peat of Timid Tay's ECF disappearing act. As for any baloney about Tay being the difference that got us to those ECF's?...I ain't buyin it.

If you don't care for my opinion of Tay, either don't read my posts or put me on ignore.
  20. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Count me as a big Tayshaun Prince fan although I agree somewhat with det that he has not been great, at times, in the playoffs. But you could say that about most of our guys. The more playoff games you play, the greater change you have of sucking in many of them.

Tay is very unselfish. He could definitely score more, but he defers to the other guys. He never whines about "getting his." There's only one ball and Tay figures out other ways to help the team win without having it in his hands.

I don't think a blockbuster trade is needed: A change in attitude is what's needed on this team, I think. Curry is the right guy to bring it and more and more, I'm happy with the move. You know the guy has confidence when he says he should have been a head coach three seasons ago.

But, if they're going to trade anyone, I think Sheed is the one who has outlived his usefulness. I would say Billups, but he is so good from the FT line late in games. I'd hate to lose that. I love Sheed's interior defense, but he's too willing to go his own way and then blow up in Game 6s.