1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Bondage?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TaS, Jan 8, 2012.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

By the Q was hired there were about six ex-coaches still on the payroll. Assistant-for-life may have been all the organization was willing to pay for. Of course that doesn't get Joe off the hook for the six exes on the payroll so your point still stands.

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Call me a Dumars loyalist but this is like firing a CEO for not outsourcing your IT and customer service departments to India and your manufacturing to China. Dumars constructed a team that gave us 7+ years of awesomeness. And for 6 of those years people complained that he didn't spend enough. Go over the Lux tax cap Joe! The reason why we could do what we did was that everyone outplayed their contracts. We had four fringe all-stars getting paid relatively the same amount as BG and CV. Then it came time to negotiate again and we paid them for what they were: all-star caliber CHAMPIONS. They did what LeBron hasn't done, what Ewing and Barkley never did, what Dwight Howard dreams of doing. An organization can say, you won us, you won your fans, you won for the city of Detroit, a championship in the prime of your careers. Thanks. But now you're past your prime. Bye. Keep that ring safe. Its all you're getting from us.

Secondly, Joe has made a LOT of mistakes but what people are bitching about now, its not about winning. It's so we can get on with losing. There are no moves that will turn us around. Only make us worse. I'm off the Stuckey bandwagon but he's still our top guard. Anmesty Gordon? He is the only guy that can create for himself. CV? Then what? If its the lottery we're aiming for, we're doing just fine. Cap space doesn't win games. Hell, its doesn't even guarantee a good FA. Just look at the Nets.

brofmfa, coynejeremy and Walter like this.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

My comparison is that firing Dumars would be like firing the CEO of McDonald's Corporation for not changing the Big Mac...except to reduce the meat by 20%.........and then charge 10 dollars for each sandwich. That makes as much sense as making resigning your below par players instead of the pursuit of new talent.

Joe seemed to make no bad decisions for his first 7 years, but then he quickly allowed the team to slide into hopelessness.....for that, he must pay.

basketbills likes this.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What did you think of Dumars re-signing Tayshaun Prince?

5. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Team Captain 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Or his diligence.

6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've got to admit, I thought this thread was going to be about something a little bit different when I first saw the title...

linwood likes this.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yeah, I thought, "Hmmm, bondage thread. Looks like my experiment in editorial anarchy is proceeding to plan!"

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I thought it was a thread about adding to our membership dues............

9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Two things: I think he was supporting his new coach. My understanding is that Frank wanted Prince.

At 4/27, he's a tradeable asset. Daye's been a disappointment so far so its not like he's holding anyone back. Except Macklin. Macklin would be a beast dunking on playas left and right if JJ swings over to the 3. or so I've heard...

10. linwood

linwood All-Star

I've got to admit, I'm very surprised this thread went nearly 27 hours before someone brought this up...

coynejeremy likes this.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Ahhh, that makes sense. Prince supposedly is a coach's favorite (unless you are coach Kuester or Curry). If this is true, there might be a few more forum members on the Clueless Coach bandwagon.

12. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Great analog and made so moved.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm pretty sure that plenty of CEO's have gotten the boot for not proactively reacting to a changing global marketplace.

In this case, Joe Dumars could have sourced our players from India and the coaching staff from China and we'd only be 2 games worse in the standings.

14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

We're still ahead of Charlotte, NJ and Washington. I think this roster is overachieving.

BillLaimbeer and roscoe36 like this.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I lol'd so hard I think I pulled a muscle.

16. max

max All-Star

I can't see how an IT guy from India could have done any worse the past 3 years. Always draft the highest ranked player, always re-sign your FA's, never
    trade anyone. Blame it all on the coach if things go sour.

17. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

This explains the Blackberry.

18. max

max All-Star

I don't understand the analogy. Is Gores outsoucing the day to day Palace functions now? if so I missed it.

Professional sports teams make trades and sign FA's from other teams to get better - that's what they do and not what we have been doing lately.

19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

We are so horribly bad right now that our only avenue of improvement seems to be the lottery. We don't have any assets anybody would want, and no player would want to come play here either (except perhaps a few youngsters from Washington).

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If you go to anyplace selling lottery tickets, you see those people that have come to the same conclusion about their prospects.