1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Bonnng! Bonnnnggg! Bonnnng!!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Darth Tater, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I haven't seen too much written on Big Ben in here other than his expiring contract at the end of the year.

How do you guys think Big Ben will do under Flip's offensive and defensive schemes? I'd be very interested to know if you think it will increase or decrease his stats on both ends of the floor (points, rebounds, blocks, etc.) Personally, I have no idea how it will affect him.

Plus he is a year older. Will that affect him much, if at all?

2. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

I don;t knwo much but I do know in FLips systm there is a heavy emphasis in Big Men cutting down the middle of the lane (like a inverted Ally) for a quick pass and shot. I believe this can help Big Ben, bc although he sometimes has trouble finishing it is a much better shot then him posting up or taking that useless fadeaway.

3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Ben

If he knocks down his free throws, I'll be happy.

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Dang, I thought this thread was gonna be about Pamela Anderson :bounce:

5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

lmao!

I'm just happy that Ben is still a part of the offense. I do expect his field goal percentage to jump back to acceptable levels.

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Haven't you guys been seeing him stroke those 20 footers? I have. You know what I really don't see people talking about is Tay and his contract its the 25th and he's only got till the 31st to not be a free agent next summer.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm satisfied with Ben. In this offense Flip makes Ben a mid range jump shooter. I've been saying for a while if Ben can knock down 15-17 footers (a la Kurt Thomas) it will help this team astronomically. In LB's system Ben often got the ball in the post where it was brutal. Hitting the J will help our spacing and do alot more in keeping defenses honest. Consider this, if a player has to guard Ben 17 feet away, as well as watch those alley-oop cuts to the basket, and worry about keeping him off the offensive glass, Ben now has the ability to where out the opposition on both ends of the court.

8. G-man

G-man Starter

Hey Hi-

Next summer Tay will be a Restricted Free Agent, not a Free Agent.

That means his value will be decided by market conditions next summer. The influx of draftees, un-restricted free agents and restricted free agents will all determine any offers made to him from another team. He'll have less control over his destiny than he does right now.

If he decides to go that route, Detroit can match any incoming offer sheet he signs and keep him. He loses much of his levearging capacity due to market commodity factors. If they decide the price is too high and have other blurbs on their radar (ala Memo / Dyce) they may choose to let the bird fly.

He (his agent) has the most leverage in negotiating over the next week.
    I fully expect them to get it done by halloween.

9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hate to sound anal, but "Boiiiiiiiinnnnnng, Boiiiiiinnnnnng, Boiiiiiinnnnnng" sounds more like a spring to me.

"Bong" I think would be a bit more appropriate and would better simulate the sound from Big Ben, the clock in England.
    Sorry. I'm bored. :laugh:

[ROSCOE FIXED THREAD TITLE]

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You've got a point there! I see my problem. No wonder Merc was thinking of Pamela Anderson. :eyebrows: