Bonzi Wells and Mike James To Hornets

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Feb 21, 2008.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

ESPN - Trade allows Hornets, Rockets to keep up with West shakers - NBA

:hoops:
  2. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I guess Luther Head's been a disappointment. If Jackson can stay healthy, he's the best player in the trade. A dependable shooter to build around Yao.
  3. buddahfan

This trade helps the Hornets whose bench was almost non-existent. It gives them two serviceable players who can burn minutes in the playoffs and not hurt them while on the floor against other teams second units.
  4. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

There's a reason nobody wants Mike James. "Serviceable" is very kind - he's a lot worse than Bobby Jackson. He might be able to get minutes at the 2, as Jackson did.

Wells is certainly capable of putting up huge numbers, drawing fouls, and distorting defenses. But his problem has never been his capability. If he puts up the kind of effort he did in his Sacramento contract year, he could really help the Hornets win a round or two, but he's a nut who defies prediction.
  5. buddahfan

I agree, but the Hornets despite there record realize that they have little if playoff experience among their regulars and no bench. So it is a bit of a risk for them but James has been known to put up some numbers from time to time.

Maybe this was more of a desperate trade for the Hornets. I don't think it matters because it seems to me that Chandler is too soft from the games that I have seen him play in with the Hornets for the Hornets to be a serious playoff threat in the WC.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When he played us on Dec 5th, he had 17 points on 7-9 shooting and 22 rebounds (8 offensive).

He's 4th in the league in rebounds, 1st in offensive rebounds, and 2nd in FG%.

I wish we had a softie like him.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No doubt. I think Chandler's problem is that people want him to be Marcus Camby, not realizing that for many years, Camby was not the Camby we see today. People made the same soft comments about him.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think last years Warriors will be Hornets this year. I'm a big Mike J fan. Think N.O. H.
    can match N.O. S. of 2 years ago?