Bonzi Wells

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by final.wrath, Nov 29, 2006.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Didn't Wells show up to camp with a minor injury and overweight? Ever since then he has been in JVG's doghouse only appearing 2 games. He may play like a champion if he got on a team that was a contender and with the east reverting back to it's 90's persona, the Pistons look like a good bet get back to the ECF for the 5th straight year. I'd be willing to swap Flip for Bonzi.

Starbury would be a welcome additon to back up CB as long as he doesn't declare that he was best PG in the league. Mopete is another option to come off the bench if we are looking for another scoring option.
  2. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I remember a PG who was bounced around the way you describe it- you know who I'm talking about? I give you one hint- his first Name starts with "C" and ends with "hauncey". :MusicBigGrin:
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chauncey didn't have a lot of personality issues though. Bonzi has a long history of being a poor team player.

I like Bonzi's game, but we don't need a guy who will upset chemistry.
  4. final.wrath

final.wrath Banned - Sent to NBDL

it was my understanding those issues were in portland only, if you don't count this recent JVG bussiness. am i wrong?
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

6. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I would take Jordan Farmer instead of either of those, but of course the Fakers wouldn't add a third ex-Piston second stringer or would they? More to the point why would they trade Farmar, now that the UCLA progam has returned to its old glory and not only is winning at the collegiate level but starting to produce top notch NBA players again, of which Farmar will become one.

Funny how all these ex-Piston non-starters play so much better once they leave Auburn Hills, I mean Pontiac.

Okur, Arroyo, Milicic, Evans, Parker, James. Now that would be a pretty darn good second unit plus one. So how come they aren't doing it for the Pistons? Salary cap? I am not convinced that is the reason. Attitude? They don't seem to have an attitude problem where they are playing now.

Actually Arroyo is the biggest mystery of all. He absolutely stunk with the Pistons and even with his short comings and pesonality conflict problems he still played a lot better in Mormon town than Pontiac. And he certainly is playing even better in "The Magic Kingdom".

I like that second unit better than Dyess, Delfino Davis, Murry and Hunter.

:gun1: