Bonzi

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by easybuckets, Aug 10, 2006.

1. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

Any chance we could sign Bonzi to a one year contract?

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Interesting that they're talking about the 3-4M range now... tha's a DD st8 up deal (maybe with the Minn pick).

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

If so then why did we sign flip? I dislike bonzi from his rep but he's got the numbers to back up his game. I would prefer bonzi but at this point I don't see it.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What is wrong with Bonzi?

Another player who turns down an offer (Sacramento) and is now in mid-summer limbo.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how the concept of a one year deal helps him in any way. That the media keeps suggesting it must mean it is a possibility, but if you look at next season's potential big spenders, none of them are really attractive to a veteran player who wants to get paid to play.

Not to mention that if he changes teams as a free agent this offseason on a one year deal, his team will not hold his Bird Rights, meaning that a sign and trade for big bucks next offseason is very unlikely.

Too many players walking away from the first decent offer and suffering for it. Last summer it was Sprewell, who is now pretty much done in the NBA. He'll never see the payday he declined from Minnesota. or our own Flip Murray who apparently talked himself out of $13 million dollars waiting for a better deal then the Pistons' initial offer.

Kudos to Nazr Mohammed and his agent. They struck while the iron was hot. I doubt he would get the mid-level at this point in the summer.

5. final.wrath

final.wrath Banned - Sent to NBDL