1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Boozer opting out of his contract after this season

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I find it rather interesting how people (generically speaking) like to suggest that if a player they like is injured, that should be taken into consideration, but if it's a guy they don't like...he's on a voluntary vacation.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

For how ferocious he is on offense, it seems like he should be better on defense. Is there a reason for this?

3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think so man....Arnie keeps ERRY-BODY on the court.

4. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Totally agree with that point. I'd like to see us get Boozer but within reason.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Based on your avatar, you might be a little young to be getting boozer. I'll have to see some id first.

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

There are rumors going around that he's sitting out b/c he's unhappy with the contract situation, and the injury he has is not that serious.

His defense sucks. He's like a tougher version of Bosh.
    From what i've seen it's a combination of bad instincts and lack of effort.

Not to mention he's made the PO's every single year of his career. He's had 2 bad games. He's been great all season. I'm not ready to throw him under the bus.

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Since we have literally no one who lives in the paint other than greasy hands Kwame, I would consider Boozer an upgrade to over every man on our team over 6'7.

We have to bite the bullet on some of these perceived character issues and play it out. ..as Low said we heard the same about Sheed prior to his arrival, but once he was here , we fell in love with him despite his anger management issues and lazy self.

Same can be said about former Spartan Zach Randolph...he has started 10 games for the Clippers since he arrived in LA and although they are 5-5 in those games (sort of like the Pistons being 10-9 with AI) he has averaged 26pts, 10.5 boards and 2.5 dimes. When is the last time we had any big body do that for the Pistons??? How about Bob Lanier in the early 70's.... So far Zach has been a model citizen in LA and no issues have surfaced from his [STRIKE]posse[/STRIKE] entourage yet.
    :focus:
    If we had a someone like that playing down low it would take the pressure off those guards throwing up ill advised J's and get away from our guard orientated perimeter team.....that has managed to get 50 + wins for the past six years, but could not get more than 10 post season wins the last 3 years.

8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

free agent discussion is way too early: if Pistons finishes in ugly mode ( bad losses in POs), then we'll see Sheed and AI quitting. But if they finish the season "we gave everything but came up short" then at least one of our free agents may find some additional motivation.

I'm pretty sure that Dumars explores Boozer situation, but I doubt that Dumas wants to see in Pistons lockerrom somebudy who has been unhappy ( 12milion causes unhappiness -wow) and refuses to play.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

... except for his first year in the league.

There are some interesting players that were on that roster with Sheed. Many of them make me realize how long he's been in the league.

Coincidentally, Michael Curry was on the team. But for some reason, he couldn't impress the coach enough and only got 34 minutes on the season.

Other players:
    Chris Webber #1 pick in '93
    Juwan Howard #5 pick in '94
    George Mureson
    Calbert Cheaney #6 pick in '93
    Mark Price
    Tim Legler

Some pretty good players for not making the playoffs. Looks like they had some young guys before they hit their stride and got a couple injuries.

1995-96 Washington Bullets Roster and Statistics - Basketball-Reference.com

10. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

I like Carlos but something in my gut (not really) is telling me that he will not play for Detroit. But it would be nice to have him....great player and has excellent offensive and defensive game.

11. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

One of the greatest secrets of life is having patience & wisdom ...

[​IMG]

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With the Cavs as legitimate contenders for a number of year wouldn't it be ironic if Boozer went back to the Cleveland under the new ownership and slid into Big Ben's spot next year....Dont know if the Cavs have the space to sign him next summer, but it would give Lebron second thoughts about leaving the following year with a teammates consisting of Boozie, Mo, & Boobie.:stooges: or as they say in hospitals, Dr Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr Howard...

13. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Lets be real here. Sheed became a champion as the fifth wheel. The addition of him put us over the top, sure, but because guys like Boozer (and KG until last year) haven't been on great teams yet (Utah needs another big move for that), they are losers?

And no its not because he's been struggling lately. I've grown sick of his act for years. To me, his bad games, no shows and antics outweigh the occasional superb moments. Guys like Dice aren't that good anymore but his consistency in play is a very valuable asset for us.

Lets just say I respect Sheed the person more than Sheed the player.

14. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I have seen Boozer get stopped time and again when the playoffs come. He is undersized much like Brand. I don't think he is not good enough to move the Pistons up...

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I didn't want to say like Brand b/c everybody jumped on me when i said he was overrated. So i'll just co-sign this.

16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Lpgrl,

A lot of guys look good at a distance. But up close, when the playoffs come, very few can get their own shot and make a difference. Boozer is a nice player and with a lot of other help, he can be a defensive problem. But he is somewhat undersized and in the later playoff rounds, the good teams contain him.

Right, Brand is a good player but he usually gets stopped when it counts, when the defense is intense in the critical moments.

Or take Okur, a nice player, wish we had him, but he is not going to put a team over the top. Down low, he is very soft. He has to be teamed with a strong center to do a lot of damage.

I think Joe has his sights set on Bosh. But we will have to wait.

Sheed and Dice are aging but they will not be easy to replace. I don't think we ever really replaced Ben for that matter.

17. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What part of that sentence mentions Sheed? We are having a discussion on Boozer's character and game in this thread. There are more than enough Sheed-ragging threads out there.

In this day and age loyalty is almost an antiquated notion. But Boozer seems to go out of his way to screw teams over. I just don't think he has many brain cells.

A career "1 block every 2 games" guy. Yuck.

I'd take Paul Millsap over Boozer right now. Now there is a guy who WANTS to play.

18. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

I'm plenty old enough officer.......I promise. And yes, my name really IS McLovin'!

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's the same way i feel. I think Sheed will be nearly impossible to replace. Without Ben, he's the last thing left we have of interior defense. Going through the list of bigs/FA's, etc. there aren't alot of great defensive options. I really hope we don't end up becoming a run and gun team. I don't think i could stomach it.

On a side note, BOS is going after Mutombo. The 3 top teams all play big, and that's a major reason they are successful.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I want to see Stuckey or Bynum finish inside against a KG/ Mutumbo ihabited paint.