Boston Celtics Jan. 30th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Jan 25, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

3 main problems with this game and otherwise;

Overall; The offense is too shaky w/o Rip. We can't keep getting down and wait for him to come in and make it all up. If AI isn't going to be benched it might be time to try AI/Rip again. They've been playing much better lately with the big line-up. They seem to have found a balance. And these slow offensive starts are really killing us.

This game; No KB, who was brought in for the purpose of playing against the "Perkins". Way too many minutes for Dyess. He was great on the boards, but looked worn out after awhile.

And AA should have played esp against Pierce to back-up Tay. Besides defense, he provides floor spacing. AI also has to be more agressive against Allen (and should be against CLE). He can get what he wants.

Overall, not an awful game. Some encouraging signs.

Sheed came to play against KG. Dice will likely be able to hit something in the next game. Max showed his value against the better teams in the league per usual. Our defense made a welcome and much needed return for the most part. It's nice to know that the offense not the defense was the problem. That can hopefully be fixed with the right mix. We're not there yet, but we're not doomed.

And i've been so happy to see flagrant fouls and technicals in my life. We fought so this is a loss that i can live with.

He might be sitting on the bench.
  2. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Then stop watchng and stop complainng. Anyone can complain if you know what i mean.
  3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

SHED 5-16
    TAY 1-7
    DYESS 1-8 but 14 rebounds

TOTAL: 7-31

NUFF SAID

MAN UP!!!!!
  4. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Perkins needs to be suspended for at least a game or two. That was a vicious, violent foul that was intent on hurting Maxiell.... I'll say this much. Perkins is lucky that this wasn't a pickup game on the street.... Maxiell might have killed him if it was.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I totally agree. Put the ball in AI or Stuckey's hands to create something off the dribble. That is not Rip's game.
  6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

btw....Garnett 10-17, 22 pts and 8 rebounds...

and we played GREAT defense on him??????

Box Dont Lie!!!
  7. raxrets

raxrets Starter

playing close game and winning are two different levels . Especially vs.C's.

C's got easy shots and plenty, Pistons relied mostly on individual skill.

There is still too big gap between those teams.
    :hoops:
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well we can give some credit to Boston's defense, but our offense was to slow, out of sync and just plain awful...we stayed within shouting distance most of the game, but could never get over the hump, as the Celtics lead from wire to wire

we blew two consecutive fast breaks in the second qtr, with Rip blowing one shot and then running over his man when he coulda-shoulda passed to AI:confused:

MC played it like a playoff game & limited the rotation to just 8 players, but Amir only played 5 mins in the first half and must have been locked in the John in the second half.

Max brought some energy in the 4th qtr, but the Pistons folded when Perkins was thrown out with Max first missing his 2 FT's and then the Celtics going on 9-4 run to put the game away with 2 mins left.
    Sheed who was 25-10 on Wednesday was an OK 12-6 tonight ibut was 5-16 from the field.

Not to be out done, Tay and Dice had horrible nights offensively shooting a combined 2-15....:shout:
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Kwame can't hit FTs and he can't hold onto the ball, and he can barely finish and he has no jumpshot.

Dare I say, he is less useful than a 34 year old Dale Davis after being tasered 31 times.
  10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

If perk gets suspended, what does that have to do with US??? We are so Sheedlike now, if the posts are getting girly!!
  11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

In terms of these things though

He has value.
    Davis always kills us. I'd rather Perkins be in the game.
  12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:pound::roll::rofl:
  13. max

max All-Star

Well, they gained a point off the flagurant foul. Kind of the story of the game, everytime we got close we could only get just so close.

Just don't have the frontcourt to compete with these kinds of teams anymore. I don't know if we still have it on the bench - I do think thats a stretch.

Would have liked to have seen Dyess out there instead of Sheed missing shots in the last few mins of the game though. Perhaps the boards would have been better in the end. Too many 2nd chance opportunities to end that game. Sheed is turning into more of a fineese player.
  14. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Yea Tay was locked in there the whole game and he was lonely so he asked Amir join him...

o wait Tay did play....idk how i couldve missed his 1-7 shooting along w/ 1 rebound...
  15. detteam

detteam All-Star

Perkins deserves a suspension...he was throwin' Max headfirst to the floor.
  16. roscoe36

But he doesn't really. He's a poor rebounder for his size, he doesn't block shots and he's not particularly physical.

Both he and Amir are horrible at defending the P&R. They try to double the ball handler and always leave their man open.

I want Kwame to work out. I couldn't imagine he could be this bad being a #1 overall. He's atrocious. If he was in this year's draft, I doubt he goes in the first round. Second round talent makes around $750k a year, not $5 million.

Anyway, I'm just rambling now. Walt deserves to be out there. He can shoot, he can rebound, he's tough and he's got a lot of experience.
  17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:beer:
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

kwame? enforcer? TRUST ME...AINT NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE SCARED OF KWAME BROWN!!!!:burgereater::burgereater::burgereater:
  19. roscoe36

Tay had a great game. I know that because OLD SKOOL never called him out. He was too busy calling out Sheed to notice Tay disappeared.
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

sO suspend him! wHY SHOULD we care!!! wILL THE TWO GAMES COST bOSTON THE PLAYOFFS..?? oOOOO , pERKINS AND HIS 7 ppg AND 6rpg WILL MISS THE NEXT TWO GAMES!!! OOOOO...A bird just jumped off the Chrysler Bldg...Oooooooo

and ...scene