Home Boston Celtics Saturday, April 05, 2014

Discussion in 'April 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Gee, the only starters who were plus were Drummond and Singler. These two played major minutes side by side. I just wonder, was it Drums 20 rebounds and 19 points - or was it Singler's 0-5 shooting, 3 rebounds, no assists? Sorry Singler fans, I will choose that it was Drums.

In crunch time, we saw them score over Singler, and then watched their quite small point guard outfight Singler for a rebound, and then put the rebound in the bucket against him. And sorry Singler fans, that is just how bad a rebounder Singler is. If the bound is not right to him, uncontested, he seldom comes away with it. Pretty much any NBA player will outdo him for a rebound on a fifty fifty situation.

Siva again looked lightyears better than Bynum, getting the ball to where it needed to go without fail, and without any turns. Including his two steals, that 7 turns / steals to zero turns. Pretty darn good for your backup point.

Pope only played a short stint, out of position at small forward, for a quick minus 10. He did not play in the 2nd half.

JJ played great. But instead of his great play helping the team, he plays down the stretch in crunch time over Monroe who had a 20 point plus game going. So Singler could play. Hey, we won this one, so why compain. Just want to point out a lot of Pistons players rocked tonight. Singler did not. I will commend him though for one thing, making all six of his free throws.

Smith has been doing good on outside shooting for several games now. Jennings made several 3's tonight too. Stuckey absolutely rocked, getting ten free throws to go in with all his drives in. A lot of conventional three point plays from him tonight. 26 points.

These last 4 games should be used to give Mitchell an audition for playing time next year. We need to see what we have. Going blind into the offseason, as Dumars has so often done, has meant disaster time and time again. Winning needs to start now, not next season. Because if not now, just when?
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

so when is JJ ever 'IN of position" ?????
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

For those keeping score, with tonight's comeback win, the Pistons are now 3 and 37 when trailing after 3............:smile:
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm ready for the rondo experiment next year. At least he plays defense and sets guys up. Would just have to get rid of jennings, and try to get value for Monroe.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The coaches see these guys in practice, shootaround etc almost every day.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I enjoyed watching Siva play.

Drummond was really laboring getting up and down the court. Another big minutes disaster.

It's hard to believe this was the last Saturday game of the season.
  7. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Tay,

We have to do something about the point guard position absolutely. There has to be more production there in every category. I hope the team does not have to give up Monroe. I would like to see the Pistons get a point guard with the draft pick if there is a draft pick.
  8. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

I like Siva, but I don't see him in the league for a long time. Because he isn't a scoring threat even through penetration, teams don't need to pay any attention to him.
    basketbills likes this.
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just like they saw Afflalo, Middleton, Amir, Delfino. Sure. You go and continue to have trust in them. I lost faith in Dumars, and anyone he names to coach, long ago.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

JJ seems to be in position when he plays small forward. He has played one third of his minutes there, and while there at small forward, he has nearly doubled up on the production vs. his opposing small forward. See PER data over at 82games.com

In very sharp contrast, its the opposing power forwards that nearly double up on his production numbers when he plays power forward.
  11. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

In the anti-Singler corner, weighing in at 4362 posts, he hails from Flint, Michigan, I present to you the reigning champion of the PF.com world championships in cherrypicking.
  12. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

When Lee says so, duh
  13. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

Lee probably watches those tapes too Roscoe ;)
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Those guys all got playing time. Mitchell gets no playing time.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm always frustrated when we have players on the roster and don't get to see what they can do, good or bad. The nba season is relatively meaningless, especially when we're in tank position, and there is plenty of time to experiment.
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think it is doubly frustrating for the Pistons because their roster has been so out of whack that is requires the role players to need a superstar skill set in order to play.

Siva can't come in and just focus on getting near steals while pressuring opposing PG's. He's got to be able to score also because of the "Big 3" guys as well.
  17. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Please, Rondo will never come here. And I wouldn't want him.
    This organization is a mess.
    This season can't end soon enough.
  18. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I can't decide which comment I like more, so I'll take both.

I'll bet if the Pistons dangled Monroe (s&t) and Jennings for Rondo and Gerald Wallace they'd get some consideration. Rondo's not a great shooter, but at least he knows it, and he's a much better defensive player than Jennings.
  19. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Yes, but don't forget; all of the Pistons coaches for at least five years now have had an agenda against winning.
  20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I didn't know that there was a game tonight. When I found out, I didn't care.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.