Boston gets punked, "fold" in the crunch

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jan 7, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If they keep playing at this .250 clip they will finish with a 40-42 record,,

2. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

They seem tired, but it's good for the Pistons to catch up.

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

If by Pistons you mean ORL and CLE then yes there is some catching up being done. We need to focus on the 3rd seed but at this point we will be lucky to get home court vs ATL.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We don't need homecourt. This Pistons team is a good road team. I like the idea of stealing one of the first two on the road.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The funny thing from reading the Boston Globe is that according to all the reader comments (and even some of the local and national writers) the C's bench stinks and Tony Allen is killing them.

Of course when the Pistons played them their bench and Tony Allen absolutely destroyed them.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

LeBron James here..........

That nitwit Cavsfan23 (am I allowed to say that?) was leaving comments over at the Globe also.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yes. We'll make an exception. :good: :rofl:

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

If the Pistons want to "catch up", they have little packets of that stuff.

9. LA Dre

Well they passed the Hawks tonight and grabbed the # 4 seed...still have plenty of time to catch one of the other three...

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

The beef with Dyess is awesome. He would rip KG to shreds.

11. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Oh yeah he sure would!! He'll be looking like paper when it comes out of the shredder. :laugh:

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I watched the end of the Bos/Cle game tonight. They went to hack-a-Ben with over 4 minutes left in the game. It really made Boston look pathetic. He made about every other free throw and shut them down at the other end as he grew the lead from 13 or so to about 20 before Mike Brown finally removed him from the game to keep Boston from embarrassing themselves further.

He got more free throws than Lebron, which is very hard to do.

13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Yeah...I watched it too. Boston looks totally befuddled now. On the other hand, the Cavs look great. Ben looks like he's enjoying basketball again in a way I haven't seen since the 06 All Star game.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's on a true defensive unit again. Those guys are like a brick wall out there. It's crazy that Lebron is about the same size as Ben.

Z wasn't even playing tonight and he's been just about their best defensive player this year, and they still smothered Boston.

If we meet them in the playoffs, Sheed is going to have to be on fire from 3-point range.

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't know about not needing homecourt. The Cavs look DOMINANT at home (that is if we don't end up grabbing #3).

This game was an awful match-up. I wanted them both to lose.

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

I really don't dislike CLE all that much. Despite they hype they play the "right way".

I take great joy watching BOS lose though. I watched this game before I turned on the game film of the Pistons game and it was awesome. KG actually got called for a tech for hitting someone after the whistle.

I remember KG scoring some, but for large portions of the game you couldn't even tell any of their starters were playing. They all kind of look like they're running in mud. Pierce especially.

Ben really played a strong game. Varejo goes at KG hard and seems capable of making him snap at some point. If Ben beat the crap out of KG I would go and buy a Cavs jersey. (I'll have 392 options to choose from. Have they worn their real uni's once?)

17. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Ben has fit in perfect and has taken to his role with greatness, I don't know if he would be able to accept the 24 mins of hard nosed def, and no offensive chances though if he hadn't gone thru the hell that was chicago.

At 24 mins a game he can play with the energy he used to play for 40 mins a night for us, but couldn't maintain anymore.... it was sad watching him degrade that last year for us and even worse playing for that bulls joke of a team. He can now be a defensive force and set a ton but isn't expected to do it all night long anymore.

18. LA Dre

Can't believe I am saying this but if we can't get there, I wouldn't mind seeing the Cavs knock off the Magic, Celtics, and then the Lakers or whomever for the title this season.

I want the celtics to suffer the fate that both the Pistons and Heat experience with a one and done. And living here in Kobeland, there is no way I want to suffer through a whole summer of laker cheering...

The Celtics will get out of their funk, but they know now that they need another body just like we do to assure another trip to the finals and they don't want to have to pull the hack-a-ben in the ECF if the two teams both make it there.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I can't believe that Ben is making more $ than Lebron right now.

On a separate thought, look at how much Ben affected that game last night and look at how poor his stats in the box score were. Take that realization, and then imagine his true affect on Detroit games back in '04 when his box score would be 12 points, 18 rebounds, 3 steals, and 6 blocks. He was the best thing about our Championship run I believe. He was one of the easiest players to root for in Det sports history because of his attitude and his underappreciatednessitude.

20. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

one word!!!!