Boston gets punked, "fold" in the crunch

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jan 7, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The key to stopping the Celtics really seems to be putting the shackles on Rondo as Jose Calderon is trying to demonstrate with his defense that's making AI look like Bruce Bowen.

Damn Raptors.
  2. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

lpgrl stop with your hate on AI's defense. The team is surrendering 83 - 84 points for some 8 games now... what else do u want?
    He is not great defender, but he isnt bad either..
  3. AI IS GOD

oh and btw, denver changed 3/5 of their starting line up this year. Billups, Dahntay Jones and nene( yes he was out the whole year last season)..
    Yet they still surrender more then 100..
    and before their game against us, they had 12 of their last 16 games surrendering more then 100.
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'd say he's pretty bad.

Him to be able to stay in front of the likes of Steve Blake, recognize what a screen is ?

And what does DEN have to do with anything? DEN is a bad defensive team. They have always been a bad defensive team and that was AI as much as it was Melo, GK's system, etc.

It got temporarily better w/ Billups, but that seemed to have been a stop gap.
  5. AI IS GOD

Denver has alot to do with it, just because he was on that bad defenive team people have the idea he is a bad defender, which he isnt.
    He is average defender, I would say. Not great, neither bad.
    AI has been doing fine defensively in detroit,Its points in the paint that been hurting the Pistons.
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's not why i think he's a bad defender. And you do realize points in the paint can come from getting blown by on the perimeter ?

I'll agree to disagree with you b/c this is an argument neither one of us will win with each other. The only point i was making was that stopping Rondo is key to beating the Celtics which could be evidenced by our two fantastic defensive games against him this year.
  7. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

The point is that we get it. AI doesn't need to be brought into convo that are not related to him. This whole thing is fatiguing. I won't even call him an average defender, but a good defensive system will override a player's deficiencies, and it looks like we're getting there...
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Um, i made an analogy. And AI IS GOD decided i needed to elaborate on it. My other posts in this thread are about BOS/CLE. What's tiring is the AI police.
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's SERGEANT AI police to you!! :spy: :MusicBigGrin: