Brad Miller - dope smokin fiend..

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Jul 18, 2008.

1. G-man

G-man Starter

2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Marijuana. Who even cares?
  4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

The law? as long as its against the law in the united states and your making that sorta money where you know you can get caught.... lay off it for the 4-10 years your going to make your money... then after that you'll never have to work a day in your life and you can smoke a pound a day if your heart so desires.....

by getting caught you make yourself look bad, you let down yourself your teammates and others.

all this said i really have no opionion on whether its a big deal or not.... its not about that, its about breaking rules you know you have to follow.

I just get tired of over paid athletes doing whatever they think they want to do and thinking there above the law...
  5. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Nice defense.........We should put you on Bron Bron next playoffs......:)
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's an irrational law in my opinion. He did the crime, he's paying the fine. That's the risk you take with civil disobedience.
  7. G-man

G-man Starter

Yea, but the ironic part is I bet he loses serious sleep over that 693K!

Personally I could care less who's wheezin on the wacky weed, who's chuggin the potato squeezins or who's pumpin aunt clara on the studebaker hood in the old red barn..

It's them damn steeeroidals that make my acne throb! You know sure as the sun rises in the mornin half the zebras in the league are hopped up on hgh. How else could those older than dirt whistle hags beat Sheed down the court every single time!
  8. round

yep... but the law is the law.... story from college, i went to a small liberal arts college in the middle of michigan. the frat boys had houses that they lived in, but the girls houses where only club houses and they couldn't live in them because the town had a law on the books that states that any residence of more then just 12 females was considered a house of "hanky panky". this law is so 100 years ago atleast, but its the law... (and i can't believe that some girls havn't taken it to the court, or maybe they have in the 20 years since i was there)

and like you said you break the law pay the penalty and move on... it depends on the character and the person tough, i would never do anything that i would feel let down my team, and knowing that if i got caught i would miss game time and thus make my team suffer for my personal acts.... i would just wait till my playing days were over.

he doesn't matter in the "big time" picture of the nba... but what happened if KG tested positive during the week between the ECF and the Finals? he misses the first 3 games of the finals, are we then thinking its the same thing?
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'm sure his teammates are devastated.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yeah most definitely, they put in on that weed, and he got caught with it before they got their share.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think players on other teams should be allowed to take performance hampering drugs if they want to.
  12. round

Goldenstate missed the playoffs last year by one game, you don't think that a solid player missing the first 3 games of the season don't effect the final result? he let his team mates down if he misses any games and who knows how big those games will be till next spring.

I for one would be really ticked if i missed the playoffs by one game if one of our players missed 3 games to start the season and we lost 1 or more of those games that we probably would have won if he was playing.

(yes i know he didn't play for goldenstate)
  13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've never understood the appeal of consuming substances that hamper your ability to walk, talk, see, control your body and mind, and function in society.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe try it with some Bob Marley next time.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Killing me over here.
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

The players say it is far less detrimental to them then drinking.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Do you think their players were sitting around saying, #@%* Jackson shouldn't have been firing that gun outside the strip club versus looking back at games they lost to the bottom dwellers and late leads they blew when the season was over?

Players might as well criticize Miller for breathing if they're going to come down on him for smoking weed.
  18. round

i don't know if they were or not, but you can bet i would have mentioned it to him after the last game as i was packing up my locker for the summer.... i expect myself to give 110 percent in everything that i do and expect those around me to atleast care, and he showed where his priorites were in the middle of the night....

these over payed folks need to learn that there stupid actions come back to bite them, and there fans in the butt later.... karma is a b#%^#

and last i knew there was no law against breathing.... but there is against weed.... as i said before, its not about how you feel about weed its about the law, i don't like how much money i have but i don't go to the bank and rob it because its against the law....
  19. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Have you seen Dirk's face on alcohol?

[​IMG]
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Is that his little brother in the pic with him?