Brandon Roy

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Mr. Big Shot, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Mr. Big Shot

Mr. Big Shot First Round Draft Pick

Its no secret that Brandon Roy is not the same all star guard he was not too long ago. He has no meniscus in either knee, and lost most of his explosiveness and hops...Right now T-Mac looks more mobile. Not to mention his huge contract which may end up crippling Portland.

Looks like another Grant Hill/Penny/T-Mac situation. Can he get back to(or close)to the guy he was about a year ago, and how do you guys think he will adjust if not?
  2. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Roy has a high basketball IQ...If he can slide over to play more of a Chauncy-type-PG role, I think he'll be capable. Real hard to say though. He is still young.
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I never thought Brandon Roy was a top tier, max contract, franchise player. I believed he was a GREAT player that needed to be paired with a Franchise player or 2 more players like himself to form a good trio. Example, if he was the SG in Denv playing with Melo, NICE. Had Port drafted KD instead Old Man Oden and you had a Roy, Durant, Aldridge trio, NICE. If he was the SG in Orl or NY playing with Amare or Howard, NICE! But Port paid him Max money and it's painful to watch the guy slide from All-Star to future role player/rotation player.
  4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

the meniscus is not the problem, that s going to bother him when he's old (I don't have a meniscus in the right knee myself). It's the knee teniditnits that is killing him and makes him a good role player the most. Hands off.
  5. Brap

Brap Starter

The T-Wolves/McHale got totally killed by all the experts for passing on Roy - but they did it in large part because there were big concerns back then about Roy's knees. This is similar to the issue with Blair - and a couple decades ago, Sidney Moncreif dropped for that exact same reason.
  6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I have a lot of friends in Portland still...I wouldn't even THINK about Roy. I doubt he'll even be playing in 3 years.