Brawlin' Pacers back at it

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Oct 6, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Ron Ron
    Malone
    MJ
    Buck Williams
    Zo
    Jackson
    J. O'Neal
    Bill Cartwright
    Danny Ainge
    Parish
  2. linwood

linwood All-Star

Surprisingly, Devil's Night seems to be a thing of the past. Mayor Archer started an Angel's Night campaign and encouraged people to get out and watch over their neighborhoods on the 30th. It was very effective.
  3. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Things just got worse for Jackson. The IndyStar reports that he is being hit with a number of charges including felony criminal recklessness. According to ESPN, "The felony count carries a prison term of six months to three years."
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Jax is done. He openly admitted he fired his weapon in the air 5 times. He should have been like it wasn't me!!:gun1: Also it does not help that Reggie Miller has come out against him. Reggie's comments about Jackson certainly will not help matters.
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Well Ski, that "facts" are starting too surface... you didn't really think he got run over and a fat lip by trying to avoid confrontation did ya?
    Conveniently the guy that's not in the NBA owned the hooch... he'll get a nice payday for his hush job.
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow Linwood, nice souvenir! Its amazing how careless some people are.

From that ESPN article (highlighting added):

7. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

The IndyStar has posted a copy of the police report in .pdf format. Here's an excerpt.

[​IMG]

These guys should talk to Larry Bird about getting a contract extension, because it sounds like they might be underpaid.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Don't these guys have wives, or mommas or something?
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

Ok, I haven't read the police report yet, but it looks like S. Jax is about to do some time and slam the door shut on his NBA career because

"A B?M with handcappied short arms started yelling about being a pimp and how none of the Pacers have $500."

This is much better than any fiction or comedy show. :pound:

Hey... maybe it was this guy talking trash to the Pacers:

[​IMG]
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I hope B/M means black man instead of a handicapped Bowel movement.
  11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ok, let me get this straight, The Pacers ran after some fans at the Palace that were drunk and overweight, but they had to draw guns for a handicapped black man, and his short accomplice.

Wow..........
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star

LOL! I hope the boys in the hood don't hear about this. These cats aren't looking too tough right now. Or smart! :pound:
  13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Indy sportswriter Bob Kravitz was on PTI yesterday, and he said that the Pacers are actually hoping that Jackson ends up in jail now, if only to take the issue off their hands in some way. He's signed through 2010, and as Kravitz said, "nobody--and that includes Isiah Thomas--is going to want to trade for this guy." :laugh:
  14. Sycamore Sam

Sycamore Sam First Round Draft Pick

Allright, that crow is tough to stomach but it's eaten.
    JAX is one nut, as you all told me way back after the brawl.
    I'm not certain Kravitz speaks for the Pacers, but I can say that Brizzi (the prosecutor) is in a tough election race and if he succeeds at getting JAX convicted can his re-election be far behind?
    I laughed when they claimed they were gonna DNA test the bit a marijuana to find out whose it is. And then Tins's bud stepped up!:sssh:
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You're a pretty good sport Ski.

Indy will be interesting again for another year, off the court, and maybe on too!
  16. max

max All-Star

After 2 years its unfortunate that the writers are given another chance to write about the brawl. Especially since Ben Wallace is no longer on the team.

This should be a seperate issue. I read that Jackson may have violated his paraole if he purchased the weapon while he was on it ( or something like that ) but thats the only real link.

Professinal Althletes do appear to get away with more than the avg person. Every so ofter you hear about some player throwing or punching someone in a nightclub and nothing ever happends. Maybe it will this time.

Seems to start with how much they can get away with in college that kind of creates an attitude of being above the law. Thats where this story belongs.
  17. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I totally agree Max.

Somebody needs to be the escapegoat here. If Jackson was made to do some time, I guarantee it will make others think about there actions off of the court.
  18. max

max All-Star

To clarify the issue here is if he broke his parole by purchasing a firearm while on parole. The State of Michigan and Oakland County take parole violations very seriously.

While on Parole you are free to continue your life but not totally free. There are extra restrictions that you must follow. One of them is not owning a firearm. If you, I or anyone else on this forum did that then we would also be in violation.

Looks like Jackson did not take it very seriously. He went in front of a judge and agreed to these terms in order to avoid jail time and he then broke them.

On the nightclub incident. Not sure whats going to happen with that. I don't think a recognizable public figure should be putting himself in that kind of situation in the 1st place. Thats for the State of Indiana to figure out.
  19. max

max All-Star

Actually he was on Probation not Parole. What do I know. Guess the same still applies for Probation. Pacers will be a non-factor either way.
  20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The Pacers could be our toughest competition this year... they have physical mismatches at 3 positions (If Jax ain't in the pen)... I can see them posting us up a lot.... If Ben had trouble keeping Foster off the boards you can imagine how it will be for Nazr.
    If this team is healthy they're as talented as anyone in the East (big if).