BREAKING: THE PISTONS SUCK!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lovingj, Feb 19, 2009.

1. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG]
    My team sucks because:

1. Rethinking that Chauncey trade now.
    2. AI cannot hit a three for his life.
    3. The Stuckey project is not working out.
    4. Michael Curry should be coaching little league.
    5. We are just not good anymore.
    6. Sheed chucks too many 3's (has that changed in the last three or so years?).
    7. Did I mention that we just suck:shout: and I am having tough time waiting around for the next two years so this squad can rebuild.
    Feel free to add to this list.:reading:

2. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Stuckey needs a coach. The pistons need a coach. MC is not a coach. Joe should not have hired his friend. Can't wait for the press conference. They good, we bad.

3. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

Where do I watch the press conf? I wanna see MC explain himself..

4. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Don't re-think the Iverson-Billups trade. I have news. The Nuggets are in 2nd place in the West behind the Lakers, while we have a losing record at home. What do we have now? A bad team. What will we have in the future? Cap space. In 2009 we can sign Carlos Boozer. But with the way were playing now, I'd rather have Billups over Boozer. Wait what about saving the cap space for the 2010 free agency? Lebron James, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade or Steve Nash...If you think any of those guys are going to come here and play for Michael Curry I think you need to re-think the situation.

As a 29% three point shooter why the hell did AI attempt that three pointer? Hoping for a miracle?

Hamilton had 4 points. We need to give Iverson a try off the bench.

We have three shooting guards in Iverson, Hamilton and Stuckey. Stuckey is a 2..hope I'm not raining on anyone's parade. We are going to need a few more years in order to turn him into a 1. A high quality coach, such as Larry Brown, can probably speed up the process.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Stuckey development project is in stall mode.. With MC at the helm, he will never become Billups, Zeke, or even Hunter as the PG for the Pistons.

I am still trying to figure out how he got 8 assists tonight but most came on the Pistons 19-7 run to open the game.

Maybe we should shop for a real PG and move Stuck to his natural 2 position. That would mean not signing AI or trading Rip this summer.

And Tay..well he learned something from his fellow Olympians, but seems to have forgotten it:confused:

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hamilton off the bench was one move that was working. I don't think you go away from it after one game. If anyone goes to the bench, it has to be Stuck.

Either we're developing kids, or we're trying to win. At this point, we can't keep running the kids out there, and expect different results. We can tighten up, play 7 guys and try to pretend the playoff run has started.

All along, the problem has been trying to serve too many masters.

And I'm not even saying don't bench AI because he's AI anymore. I'm saying it because if there is one more lineup change, I think I will lose my mind.

7. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

a) How many times does it have to be said? Signing a big name FA in '09 or '10 is not the only way to capitalize on cap space. More to the point, contrary to the average fans understanding, Joe is not expecting to use the cap space in such a manner.

b) Yeah, HOF coaches likes LB are a dime a dozen...

8. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

He shot the three because he was the only guy tonight that actually put the ball through the hoop on a near consistent basis. His 29% this season was just as good as the other Pistons' (not Antonio or Jason) 33% tonight.

The game was not lost because of that missed three.

Richard had four points, but he also had ten shots. He would've most likely gotten more if he had made more. Let's not suggest that Richard is getting the freeze out on offense off the bench, he just had a really bad night during a very winnable game. That's all.

9. blackhawk

is it going to be easier for us to do trades? How are we going to capitalize? Explain please..I'm dying here

10. blackhawk

Ok I agree. Iverson was the only guy making shots on a consistent basis. But none of those shots were threes. He was 0 for 3 on three-pointers. I'm not talking about Iverson, but some guys will make 18 footers all day but will not make a three pointer if their life depended on it.

Iverson did not cost us the game. He was our best player. However, we would have a better chance of making that three and gotten a one point lead had Rasheed attempted the shot and made it. He made 2 threes tonight.

11. theWORM

J-Ho says it best:

John (Detroit) [via mobile]: Any reason the Pistons didn't cash in their chips? Dumars is kidding himself if he thinks he'll be able to sign any meaningful free agents.

[​IMG] John Hollinger: Guess again. Free agents are nice but think about the trade possibilities for a second -- I think he might clean up this summer. If he's way under the cap and the luxury tax number comes in around $70M, then several teams are going to be calling him and basically offering bribes to take their players into his cap space.

ESPN: Chat with John Hollinger - SportsNation

12. blackhawk

I'm counting on it. Although I doubt they'll offer their best players IF they call. Probably offer us bad contracts with bribes.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The real problem is that our best case scenario these days seems to be that we are down 3 with one possession left. We are a poor 3-point shooting team. Sheed only gets all those 3's off during the course of the game because he's so far out of position. When they know he's going to take it, he's as bad as anyone else on the team. To be a good end game 3-point threat, you also have to be able to handle the ball. The juking it what gets you the space. AI probably had about a 20% chance of making that last shot and that was not significantly worse than any other option we had.

20% to tie x 65% for SAS to fail on their final possession x 50% odds of winning in OT = 6.5% chance of winning the game for us.

14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In Joe I trust.:nod:

15. theWORM

Do you need other teams best players? Most of the forum complains that the team is talented but is being held back by Coach Curry. Someone even mentioned the C word! Curry will be replaced once a new core is in place. So if we don't lack the talent, what do we lack?...

Size, size and more size. In these economic conditions, staying under the cap and not triggering the luxury tax (and getting a portion of the re-distribution) is valued as much as players with size and decent levels of talent. OK's willingness to dump Chandler is just one example.

16. detteam

detteam All-Star

I don't trust Joe beyond him sucking whatever BillD throws in front of him in order to keep his job. :movingon:

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We lack an identity. We have no distict style. We are like 5 good musicians that decided to form a band and get in a room with no songs pre written. When we start jamming, each guy does his thing (the drummer does the double foot pedal trick, the basist does some slapping, the lead guitarist noodles away and makes weird facial expressions, the keyboard players fiddles with the effects, and the lead singer tries to freestyle rap over the cocophony. It's good for seconds at a time, but as a whole, it's not catchy or moving and sounds samey really quickly.

MC is the guy who was supposed to write the songs, and instead he's stopping the music every 30 seconds and telling each guy to play harder with more passion (and he's telling Amir to quit smashing things).

18. roscoe36

That's not a trick. It's hard to do. Believe me, I have wasted days of my life trying to master it.

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Not sure what you mean...are you talking John Bonham foot pedal?

20. roscoe36

When you have only one kick drum, you can use a double pedal. I had one of these. Otherwise, you need two drums with a pedal on each one.

[​IMG]

Playing double kick is not easy. I was never any good at it. Which is good because I probably would have played heavier music and became incredibly famous and rich.