Brian Hill has Zero Belief in Darko

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DarkoWatcher, Feb 23, 2006.

1. DarkoWatcher

DarkoWatcher First Round Draft Pick

Hi everyone. I had one of my proofreading professionals take a minute to give this message a quick once-over before I posted it because it is an important one.

I listened to Brian Hill's show on the Team 740 earlier tonight, and I came away completely convinced that Hill has zero faith in Darko and would never play him if given the choice.

A number of callers asked about why Hill didn't play Darko last night, and he gave a bunch of flimsy reasons. He more or less stated that his first priority as a head coach is to win games, and his second is to develop players, which is a bit silly given that Orlando is all but eliminated from the playoff hunt.

He also kept clinging to the message that Darko has not yet learned the system, and talked about upcoming practices. What was interesting was that he listed practices up to Saturday, and all but glossed over Friday night's game, which seemed to be a hint not to expect many minutes for Darko.

The fact that Arroyo received some playing time was another excuse for Hill not to play Darko... he stated that he could not put in two players unfamiliar with the Magic system into the same game. He didn't seem to realize that their minutes could have been staggered in such a way that both Darko and Arroyo would not be on the court at the same time.

After a few callers, Hill said that he was quite surprised by all of the questions about Darko. He stated that it seemed everyone was expecting Darko to receive 30 to 35 minutes a game. Hill said that Darko's minutes would increase gradually and that that kind of playing time would be possible by the end of the season if DM earned his way into them. From Hill's tone of voice, it sounded like that was a very remote possibility.

What was weird was that he kept stating that Darko had never really played in the NBA to this point. To me, this would seem like all the more reason to put him in and see what he could do, but somehow Brian Hill thought that this was justification for keeping him out of the game.

At the very end of the show, the Team host jokingly told Hill to give Darko some minutes and he gave a forced-sounding reply to the effect of "I will. I promise".

Why is it so difficult for these jerky coaches to just put Milicic in for a few minutes a game??
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Because he sucks?
  3. max

max All-Star

Coach Hill was surprised about all the Darko questions.. Better get used to it.
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I smell a trend.

All of his coaches take one look at him in practice and immediately decide he is not NBA ready.

Low Basketball IQ perhaps?

Inability to run Detroit's or Orlando's playbook?

What a joke! Glad he is no longer our problem.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Hill better watch his you know what or he'll get run out of town. At this stage Darko is like a Mo. All mayhem.
  6. Slippy

Who is mo?
  7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Millocrap is a loser!! We got sold a bill of bad goods. The guy falls asleep on the beach and gets sun burn. That tells you all you need to know about this guy. If he was serious about getting playing time he should have had his goofy behind studying film and going over the playbook. Darko poping off running his mouth is not helping his case either. He should ahve been thankful for the opportunity to learn and earn a championship ring. He could have express his dispointment in not getting playing time in a better way.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Mo "Mayhem" Evans.
  9. Slippy

Ok, I thought maybe you were referring to Mo(?) marvin williams the #2 pick thats coming along slowly in...atlanta?

Sorry, I didn't get it because Mo Evans hustles and busts his ass while darko expects things to be handed to him.

I wish people would stop bringing up that beach incident. How does getting a sunburn during time off constitute bad work ethic? If you want to %%%%% about something, %%%%% about how he complains about no PT on a team that plays Pat Garrity and Mario Kasun. How Arroyo gets PT but doesn't know the system (and does pretty darn good) while Darko sits because he doesn't know the system. Complain about how hill promises to play darko but after 1 practice, renegs on that. What about Hill's lack of enthusiasm for Darko.
    Complain about how Flip sounds like he just bailed his kid out of jail for drunk driving or how Rip, who practiced with him for three years can't tell if he'll be a player in this league.

The list is long enough. I honestly feel betrayed for backing him up (ok except for that 1 week). Brian hill has no belief in Darko. Add one more. Darko's all frosting and no cake. Anyone who bites gets sick, not satisfied.
  10. DarkoWatcher

im hopen that darko gets at least ten minites tonight come on brian hill dont bench our boy again.
  11. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I think we can put this thread to bed. Brian Hill has respect for Darko's talents and said so after the game tonight. His PT will not be a problem from now on. The assets he commented on were plain to see.

There will ups and downs but Brian Hill is no dummy. He knows what he got in both Carlos and Darko and will use them to augment the team.

And Dwight seems to be very happy, too.

BUT, the Pistons will keep winning. Tonight was a good, tough win which should teach the Pistons a few lessons in itself. Good night all around.
  12. Slippy

at the magic forums, they were hatin' on brian hill. the rumor was they were showcasing Pat Garrity.
  13. DarkoWatcher

i half to hand it to brian hill he gave darko 22 minutes i underestamated the man.
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BHill has to learn to keep the fans happy.
  15. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

And now Bri-Bri is gone-gone!!!
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I guess he didn't watch his you know what!
    Do you think the Serbian Gangster did it?
    You don't mess with Darko!
  17. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I miss DarkoWatcher and his team of communication professionals. They're all off somewhere fighting crime or spamming the Orlando Sentinel, I'm sure.

A genius or a psycho, I don't care which. :)
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star