Bring Back Webber?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Jul 13, 2007.

?

Bring Webber Back?

1. Yes

54.0%
  2. No

30.2%
  3. Undecided

15.9%
  1. max

max All-Star

Should the Pistons bring Webber back? Assuming he is cheap?
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Yes. He is one of the best FA Power forwards that the Pistons could get. If he excepts his role and lower money he should come back.
  3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    As long as he accepts reduced role.
  4. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

Hells yea.

We already know that Flip has ZERO confidence in Nazr and Sheed is only a part time answer at the 5.

ANAC

"Anyone but Nazr At Center"
  5. J-Train

J-Train Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I would rather see Sheed, Dyess, Brahma, and AJ be our big rotation, with Nazr as our fifth big. I just don't see Webber helping us win a championship, and any minutes he gets would just take away from our young kids.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Even if he starts, he should be limited to 15 mins. He had the best inside game in the playoffs. (offensive that is) Flip just has to learn when to best untilize his passing skills.

I'd let him roll with us another year.
  7. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Yes, I would love to have him back. He needs to be doing some conditioning and i mean right now, to get in better shape. Arnie needs to give this dude a summer regimen. Put some tea leaves and chicken beak oil on them knees. Do something to get that man to move faster. He has good and fast hands. He gets a burst of energy to dunk, right, so we know he can move.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Webber is an amazing passer. He could be the best passing PF of all time. Nazr doesn't do anything better than the 4 other guys you mentioned. However Webber can pass better than the 4 other guys you mentioned. That is how he could contribute.

Remember when Webber first came here and he was the distributor? If Chauncey did not start struggling that would of worked beautifully. If Webber comes off the bench and does not start with Chauncey both can be playmakers.
  9. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Low dollars / possibly coming off the bench - yes.
  10. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Smooth has his contract now so shouldn't be as worried about struggling as he was last year. Cause last year when we went through Webber (first dozen games or so) the Stones looked unstoppable, then Billups had his "im struggling adjusting to not beiong the focal point" soundbyte and it stopped. The rest of the story and all the offesnive lulls are history.
  11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I still think Webber should come off the bench. Maxiell would get garbage points, dunks, and power moves with the starters. This is something that the starting lineup does not have.

Webber is a facilitator. Chauncey is that already for the Pistons. Webber should come off the bench to be the facilitator off the bench.

Maxiell should start or Dice should start. Amir and Webber come of the bench along with Dice or Maxiell, depending on which one does not start.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree that the passing and his effectiveness tailed off, probably due to what you are saying, so another reason to possibly put him into the second unit and he and Stuckey can be out there with Webber being the passing facilitator to the kids until Stuck gets the hang of it.
    (was that a run on sentence?):sssh:
  13. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Wow I didn't look at it that way. This would help Stuckey out a lot too since he could concentrate on getting to the rim...his best asset. Well done.
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Flip won't be thinking that way....
  15. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Webber = waste of cap AND bench space.
  16. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Why. Is it because he needs to catch the shuttle bus to get from one end of the floor to the other? I know from reading your Summer League write-up Low, that you don't like old people...so I think you're giving CWebb a hard time because he is getting up there in years.
  17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm working diligently to provide those of elderly distinction a low cost or perhaps free express train voyage to the other side.
  18. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

From the time we first signed Webber up until a week or two ago, I always felt that this signing would and should be a 1 year deal only. He'd help us get our ring and then move on.

He's old, broken down and only going to get older and more broken down.

However, considering that we haven't added a single player with NBA experience this offseason, I'm more inclined to entertain the possibility. But only in a limited role, for minimal cost and on a 1 year deal.

If C-Web could agree to that, welcome back. If not, don't let the door hit you...
  19. max

max All-Star

Big guys are at a premium right now. If Cwebb is willing to accept a cheap 1-2 year contract and is willing to spend a lot of time on the bench then I would love to have him back.
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I am actually undecided. The Pistons have a lot of time to get another player, or perhaps do a trade. If they do I might say "NO" to Webber.