Brown plays the Delfino card

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Basketfish, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Basketfish

Basketfish Second Round Draft Pick

Does anyone else find it strange that in Brown's interview in today's News that Brown said that Detroit brought him back to soon after his surgery. As I remeber it Brown called Delfino everything but a baby when Delfino didn't make Brown's timetable. Oh how different it is when the shoe is on the other foot.

If I were at todays game I wouldn't cheer or boo because for every good thing Brown did he did something bad.

Go Pistons make New York suffer the indignities of a sound thrashing.:eyebrows:
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Delfino

Brown said that Delfino needed to learn the difference between pain and injury. I see your point, but I don't remember blatant "name-calling" being done. I agree with you that fans should not boo or cheer. Doubt it will happen though. It's a mob mentality at the Palace. Once someone starts booing, others will surely follow. :ohwell:
  3. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

There wasn't any straight up name calling, but there was a definite tone of disrespect. As for Browns "injury" I don't dispute the existence, but rather the severity. Leaving Detroit, Brown acted like he was on the brink of death. The whole Mayo clinic fiasco was just comical. I am in the medical field, and for a person to go to the Mayo clinic means they have a crazy disorder that can't be explained by any known ilnneses. It is more of a research organziation than a clinic. Therefore, to goto the Mayo and now frolicking around NYC to every TV show and hotspot is plain hypocrisy. Therefore, in the DetNews they say know one should boo brown because he left as he leaves everywhere, and the fans should have expected this. I don't buy that reasoning, just because you are a bad person or have a bad repuation doesn't mean it should be accepted when the transgression occurs. The question is, if we lose the series against the LAkers thus removing the Ring from the equation do the boos come automatically? Remeber, people from the D don't like unwarranted disresepect due to percieved inadequacies.
  4. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I appreciate Chris McCoskey being pretty much the only full time basketball writer in the big Detroit papers, but he's always going to carry an "Ivory Tower" stigma for me. I don't exactly believe his anti-Pistons stance in articles like today's. Something's missing, namely:

"If you're really sick, why did you take the Knicks job?"
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

If I had a quadruple bypass, terminal hemorrhoids, the clap, 10 ingrown toe nails and chronic tourettes I would not pass up 18M to coach a basketball team :sick::crutch:
  6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Priceless!!! :pound:

I now have visions of LB during a Knick timeout...standing, shifting his weight from one foot to the other...simultaneously scratching his crotch and ass through his Armani...head twitching, and sporadically blurting out "YOU %%%%%HOLES!"..."GOTTA PEE!"..."YOU SUCK!"..."MY MEDS!"..."I SUCK!"..."B-BILLUPS!?"..."B-BEN!?"
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

lol. I think out of respect for Larry the Pistons should have a kid standing next to him with a mop bucket...just in case.

I guess this sheds a whole new light on the term "mop up time" & "ball boy"

I wonder if Larry is going to jump up and yell at Darko for taking ill advised shots out of habit? Can't you just see him arguing with Flip to bench Darko and Delfino?

:popcorn: Is it game time yet?
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I can see it now. Darko comes in for Ben in the first half. He fires an 18 foot jumper. Brown's head goes beet red and he calls a time out....to bench Darko. Darko sheepishly complies.
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Isn't that special?

LB: "But I had two special years there, and I was lucky to coach such a special bunch of players. I will always feel pretty special for that."

I don't think I have ever seen the word "special" used so many times in only 2 sentences.
  11. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

McCoskey

McCoskey's article was disingenous and one-sided at best. But I don't have much respect for McCoskey, so that hardly came as a shock.

Still, I don't feel any bitterness toward LB. I do believe he helped engineer his trip out of here, but he took us to one title and dern close to another. And I don't think we would have done this well with Flip if we were transitioning to him from, say, RC. One thing I think we did learn from LB was how to win-and I think he put CB on the path to becoming the player he is now.

I think another year with LB wouldn't have worked. He violated the rule that he taught us so well-that no individual is bigger than the team, and I think that would have been our downfall this season.

As a Washington, DC resident, I obviously won't be attending the game tonite, but I think if I were there I would not boo, but would clap politely. Not a standing ovation, but a show of respect. And would be glad that we don't have to deal with the drama this year and that the team, not the coach, is the center of attention, because that's the way it should be, and what our team deserves.