Bucks: Soft like Charmin - Whiny like Jordan

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

http://www.racinejournaltimes.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=5234

http://www.racinejournaltimes.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=5343

These guys don't even belong in the playoffs. Who cries to their wife about injuries, and then tells the press about it? Much love for CBell's game but this ain't the Euroleague.

Redd? You gotta be kidding me. I saw LanierFan's newspost this morning, read that nonsense and then proceeding to watch the replay (thank god for my PC Tivo setup) several times. It was far from premeditated. It was hard, and possibly a little dirty, but we know Rip and that he plays Reggie Miller style clutch and grab. He fights with his arms flailing around. He gives and gets. That's what elite shooting guards do. They fight to get open and to prevent their man from getting open.

If you watch it again, Rip gets in on Redd at the baseline and makes an over-aggressive move to front. The arm comes in high, or slides up high, but man, there's no bloody nose, no black eye, no shattered orbital bone, nada. Just bad feelings and a full diaper for Mike Redd.

I find it ironic that the Billion dollar shooter (coincidentally Ray Allen's apprentice: see Allen vs. Bowen) is whining after admittedly getting roughed up by a man who wore a mask to a championship because he's had 3 broken noses fighting through defenders. It speaks volumes about Rip that he continues to wear the mask even though there is no medical need for it.

Jordan went through absolute ass whippings to get past the Pistons. The Jordan rules were all about keeping MJ from getting to his sweet spots and knocking him down everytime he got into the paint.

Anyone who has played knows that getting in your opponent's head is worth 3 or 4 missed shots a game.

Intimidation. It's demoralizing, it's playoff basketball and it's what wins.

If the Pistons are the Bad Boys, the Bucks are the crying babies. Get Terry Stotts a haircut.
  2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Compared to Luke Walton's neck tackle of Tim Thomas or even worse Reggie Evans yanking on Chris Kaman's jewels the Buck's complaints are pretty weak.

THe Kaman testicle pull has got to be the worst.
  3. roscoe36

4. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Looking at T.J. Ford's remarks, he really think that the bucks can win this series. They are a bunch of whiners with a lot of nerves.

Secondly, that Charlie Bell comment to his wife was really funny. Heck, he probably was playing around with some other woman besides his wife and she scratched him up. What a load of crap.

I guess you guys can tell that I am really perturbed by the pistons loss. Losses like this really gets me in a tither.

I turned the television off at the beginning of the third, took a benedryl and went to sleep.
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I saw that Kaman "Kabob" grab live (on t.v.), but I didn't notice until that replay that dude actually ripped the back of Kaman's shorts he was pulling so hard.

Thats just wrong man. I thought Kaman showed good restraint.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Evans overheard the Clips coach yelling out "milk it"
  7. max

max All-Star

I am surprised to hear about this. At the time of the foul it looked as though all understood that it was not intentional and was not injury threatening at all. I was also shocked at the call. It was only called due to a technicality in the rule book.
  8. Pistonsaresweet

Pistonsaresweet Second Round Draft Pick

Who the hell is Charlie Bell??? And why in the hell should we care what he said to his wife? Who is he??:ohwell: . On another note, the pistons better kick it up a notch.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:confused: Season is over buddy...:welcome: to the forum though.
  10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

maybe he hit submit a couple months ago and the server just handled it now and added his post :eyebrows:
  11. roscoe36

Not for how much money we pay each month for the server and support. :P

Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.