Buying tickets for Pistons games outside of MI

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by coynejeremy, Oct 22, 2007.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am probably going to buy tickets this season to go see the Pistons with my wife when they come to Salt Lake this February. Does anyone know if fans from visiting teams tend to have a certain area of the arena that they try to sit in to be together?

Also, we will definitely be going for cheapey on this. Is Ticketmaster's used ticket site good? What are the best ones to use? I know there's Stubhub, craigslist, etc. What do you folks do for tickets?
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stubhub is good and most NBA teams have separate site where you can buy tickets directly from the season ticketholders. These are the fans that can't go to all of the games and sell them either at the ticket exchange or Stubhub. You will need to click on the attached link and register.

Official Utah Jazz Trading Post Listings

I would check both sites before you purchase the tickets to get the best price. I have been to Pistons games in three different arenas outside Detroit, and there was no designated visitor section, but there was enough Pistons fans at each venue where it felt that we could have been the home team....DEETROIT BASKETBALL (and the Pistons won all of them?):thumb[1]:
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i always use stubhub to sell my tickets...it's a pretty good place to buy. generally there's not a specific section that visiting fans sit in. sometimes there are exceptions, like when the pistons play in toronto they'll have a group buy with season ticket holders and put them all in the same area.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I went to see the Pistons play in Utah two years ago. First, I gotta tell you...they almost always lose in Utah no matter how good they are doing. But we did have a lot of fun even with the loss & the fans were friendly.

Oh, we just called the box office to get the seats we wanted.
  6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I used stubhub - going to see Pistons at Warriors on 14th. They charge 10% commssions and 2-day FedEx shipping.