bye bye Jon

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TWOTIMESRALPHI, Mar 10, 2006.

1. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I post this in the Pistons- Discussion because he was a main part back then when our bench was great. He was the head of the Alternatorz, showing solid D and providing a spark from the bench. Not to forget what he did for the team's chemistry.
    A bench player his entire career long- thanks, Jon!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

JB was a fan favorite and a favorite of mine. He brought excitement and a surge of energy from the bench. Wish he could have been a Piston longer.

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was thinking watching the Chicago game the other night that none of the bench players are up and cheering when the starters are in. (Which is of course all the time - sorry, sorry, my bad - back on track...) I liked it when Barry and others were jumping up and down, waving towels, getting the crowd fired up...

I'd have liked to have had him around longer too.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

JB was dynamic and the leader of the Alternatorz. I understand why he was not brought back though. At times he was too emotional...

5. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Emotional, but a smart ballplayer. I enjoyed watching not only his crazy 3s but his impeccable passing into the post. He'd be a good assistant coach somewhere.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree he was a coach on the floor. He was an emotional leader and the look on his face in the end of a game would tell you if we were winning or losing the game!:nod:

7. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

If Jon wasn't a 'microwave', he was at least a 'toaster-oven'. He usually made a difference and it was good to have had him here.

He seemed to know just what was needed and most times, it seems, he did his level best to provide it.

8. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

I loved the intensity that he brought but like Sheed he could not keep his mouth shut and was always talking smack to the refs. He picked up a t in a playoff game whining about a noncall on a drive to the lane and it cost us. I knew then he was on his way out, you don’t cost your team a game in the playoffs. Imo he was a good back up who gave it his all but could have helped himself out by not being an azz.

Another thing I was at a game and in the lockeroom store trying to decide on a jersey and I asked the guy should I get this jb jersey or a Corliss. His reply, get the Corliss jersey jb is a jerk.

My fondest jb memories are him making fun of the clippers by doing the double hand thing that miles and qrich did, hitting a game winning shot on the road and telling the fans to go home classic, and the best of the best him in Denver he dove for a loose ball and landed in a guys lap, he grabbed the guys beer and pretended to take a drink and then he gave the guy his beer back I laughed till I cried.