Byron Scott should gives his Coach of the year back if...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by hlbimage, May 3, 2008.

1. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

It was an unbelievable event that happened last night when the Atlanta Hawks forced a game 7 in what is supposed to be a sweep. If the Hawks should eliminated the Celtics. Should the coach of the year be taken back and given to someone who is far more qualified under such an immense and overwhelming odd. I think the NBA should hold of on handing out "Player of the year", "Most Improved player of the Year", "Rookie of the Year", and most importantly "Coach of the year" until the end of the season. I mean Dirk Nowitzki as the MVP of last year and his team was eliminated in the first round? Give me a break.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Awards given in the "Post" season have always been for the "regular" 82 game season and not for anything that has happens during the playoffs. The MVP and COY will probably be given to a player or coach that is in the playoffs and yes their respective team could lay an egg , but the ROY's team like in the past two seasons didn't even make the playoffs...so their season is over.

3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I agree. Now, if there was an award for these honors during the post season then an entirely different cast of characters would win each award.

Doc Rivers came in third I believe in COY voting, and that doesn`t take anything away from the great regular season the Celtics had, even if they do lose to the Hawks in seven games.

Byron Scott was the correct choice for COY, IMO. What he did with this group of players was phenomenal.

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

If they included the post season, then Flip Saunders coulda won after the team's great playoff stretch this season. :stirthepot:

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah LB could have won COY because of the Pistons unlikely-supposedly-upset of the heavily-favored-unbeatable-HOF-ladened-line-up-Lakers:MusicBigGrin:...in the 04 post season.

6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

What about Don Nelson for his Warriors upsetting the Mavs?

7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If, they waited, votes would get skewed toward whoever won the championship that year. I like making it a regular season award, because the only award that matters in the postseason is one: NBA champions.